Do these spinnerbaits work?

L
Luis Dominguez
Have any of you ever used these kind of spinnerbaits? The ones on the left without the skirt, just the hook and the blade. I got them for a steal as a bid on ebay but are they just as affective without the skirt?

• photo30974.png
T
TimberTodd
I would think the skirted baits would elicit more strikes. Other than the flash from the blades there isn't much there to get the bass' attention or curiosity.

C
Camo
They all work! And as TimberTod wrote, the skirted baits would elicit more strikes. As I remember they were exclusively for bass when they first came out in the early seventies. They were all the rage back then. I still have the first ones I bought, still in the original package. Never used them. I was heavy into the hand painted Rapala's and live minnows suspended from a red &white bobber.

G
Gulfstream
no skirt,no bites.You can get replacement skirts at bass pro or cabellas for pretty cheap

L
Luis Dominguez
Thanks for the replies guys! Can i put a worm on the hook of the ones without a skirt? A senko or another soft plastic?

F
fish4life
I would get some rubber curly tail or double tail grubs with the frill around the front. I know Gary Yamamoto makes these but may have some in other brands too.

L
Luis Dominguez
fish4life;n601242 said:
I would get some rubber curly tail or double tail grubs with the frill around the front. I know Gary Yamamoto makes these but may have some in other brands too.

I'll look online for them, I didn't see any curly tails with frill at cabela's last week

F
fish4life
They have them on Cabelas website under creature baits and are called double tail hula grubs.

D
dreymon
I know basspro also offers double tail grubs.