Do buzz bombs work on the Rogue?

T
the salmon kid
i recently purchased a tackle box full of the buzz bomb lures at a yard sale and was wanting to know if there are any good for salmon or steel head in the rogue river i was wanting to know if any of you guys have had any luck with them

Last edited:
S
supertodd
if you plan on foolhooking fish- I'm sure they would work

if you plan on foolhooking fish- I'm sure they would work

Might work for fall fish in deep holes, I know they work good in the ocean and odell lake. Those are the only places I have seen them used. Sorry I could not be more help.

T
the salmon kid
i saw a guy using buzz boms at the hatchery and he limmeted out in leagle biter salmon in about 30 min so i guess they work,... you just have to know what your doin i guess thanks for the advice

T
Thuggin4Life
no you saw a guy legally snaging fish in the mouth with a buzz bomb. lots of guys use them because the are heavy and you can cast them all the way across the river around a hatchery or dam because the fish are kegged up and then reel them in until you feel a bump. guys will even tie a ridiculously long leader below this buzz bomb to increase the effectivness. but you seem to be the expert on shady fishing so go right ahead and use them.

B
BlackBass
Thuggin4Life said:
no you saw a guy legally snaging fish in the mouth with a buzz bomb. lots of guys use them because the are heavy and you can cast them all the way across the river around a hatchery or dam because the fish are kegged up and then reel them in until you feel a bump. guys will even tie a ridiculously long leader below this buzz bomb to increase the effectivness. but you seem to be the expert on shady fishing so go right ahead and use them.
Maybe you should be more informed on the proper way to fish a buzz bomb and not include everybody that uses them into the user group of shady fishermen. For one your experience with fishing or seeing them fished is probably at Dexter dam, so i understand your thoughts on how they are used up there. They can be very affective in salt water fishing for salmon along the same lines as jigging spoons.

T
Thuggin4Life
I have several buzz bombs in various sixes that are JIGS and i use them at crescent and odell. I ma sure they would work along a jetty or out in the salt but for the use we are discussing here i would almost put money on it being shady.

B
BlackBass
You are probably right . Buzz Bombs can be affective for many different types of fish salmon included. However i would rather jig a spoon or herring.

T
the salmon kid
i tried fishing them last week and never had any luck i lost 5 buzz bombs and didn't catch a single fish all day i switched to yarn and a corkie and hooked a nice steel head so i don't think i will be fishing with buzz bombs a lot i only have like 3left and i hear that there expensive