Disk golf!!!

G

GraphiteZen

Played my ass off today, and for the first time in 6 years now that I think of it! Threw some disks around last night at Adair then called my buddy in Eugene that night to tell him it was ON! Played a round at Dexter (AWESOME course), then cruised into town and we did 18 holes (9 hole course twice) at Westmoreland. DAMN what an awesome day, I was shooting back to back birdies half way through the first 9 and kept hitting a few here and there, I didn't want to stop!! SUMMER IS ON and I am BURNED haha!!

Last edited:
J

JeannaJigs

Have you ever played the course at whistler's bend? It blows Dexter and Westmoreland outta the water. Best course I ever played was balboa park though, in san Diego.

J

JeannaJigs

Ohhh you gotta play it sometime! You won't regret it! I think it's the best course in Oregon :)

G

GraphiteZen

Isn't that the one you can play at night? There's a place that has like three courses and one has lights!!!

B

bigdog

It's funny to see this thread, the family and I just tried tried the disk gold out the other day. They love it so looks like might be doing some more of it soon here in the future the kids got along the whole time.

O

OnTheFly

My son is starting to get me into it now. He even built his own disc basket for the yard. Couple of courses around here are Timber Park and McIver Park in Estacada. McIver just hosted a national tourny. There are not too many things you can do for free and this is one of them. Great fun.

T

Thuggin4Life

hey did have a chance to check out the tree? I think its on hole #7 at dexter.

T

TTFishon

Uhh What?

Last time I played at Dexter it was full of poison oak. It's been a few years now, maybe it's been cleaned out since then. I need to get a set of frisbees. Maybe we could have an OFF frisbee golf get together one of these days.

S

scottishsmokedsalmon

we have a course down here on the bay (coos bay) its interesting bouncing frisbees off the residents heads.
just leave some soda cans around to pay for your round.

B

bigdog

Yeah something free for the whole family to do can't beet that. Only cost us about $26 for the disk for everyone and then a little gas to get there. We like Timber but thats a little of a drive, we have one about two miles from our place on main streat just down from 181st not to bad of one to go mess around for a while but really like the timber park one. If I play my cards right I can go out there play some disk with the family and sneak OFF to do some fishing while they play more :lol: Win win

CJ

T

Thuggin4Life

I don't know if its called the ninja tree but its a tree of trees. one to remember that has an interesting hole in a growth on it that allows someone to "breath" through it.

T

the_intimidator03

Google Maps

Thats whistler bend park ( hope linky works) My brother has played out there several times so i will try and get in touch with him in regard's to the poison oak.

Also a little thing i noticed while at dexter on thursday. I went below the dam to kill time and on my way out and back to the disc golf course. I noticed the rural fire department taping off a section of bushes i am not sure why. If i could have walked then i would have asked him about it

G

GraphiteZen

I don't know if its called the ninja tree but its a tree of trees. one to remember that has an interesting hole in a growth on it that allows someone to "breath" through it.

No way. Are you talking about what I think you are talking about because I think you're talking about something that is some pretty good thinking!