Ding dong dumb dodo idiot!!!

B
beaverfan
So my girlfriend and I decided to go for a drive and do a little fishing. We drove up through Estacada to Timothy. Nothing looked too intriguing there so we decided to go down to Olallie. We get there find my fav. little spot and toss some spinners. Fish were rising everywhere, some were small some were in the 2-3lb range. They were rising literally 2 ft offshore to about 30 ft offshore. Dozens of fish rising everywhere. I guess there must have been a hatch of these white tiny moth like creatures. So I reach in my bag for my little fly box and oops left it at home. So I was gonna try some powerbait and guess what left that on the couch right next to my pliers and fly box. So no fishies at Olallie. Walked down a short trail to Lower Lake and tried my spinners there with no success. I found a tiny piece of powerbait on shore, tied it on with a couple orange beads to help it float (it was a really tiny piece) tossed it out and as soon as it hit I had a 8 inch brookie on. All I could think about the whole way home was a saying my dad used to say when he did something stupid instead of cussing. Ding dong dumb dodo idiot!

J
joesnuffy
lol. it figures. :p

O
OnTheFly
Don't be so hard on yourself beaverfan. I don't think what you did makes you an idiot..:D

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
AAaaaarrrrghghghghghhgghhhhh

AAaaaarrrrghghghghghhgghhhhh

HAHA! Meet "Toopid dumb poo-poo head".:D :lol: :lol: Seems like it only happens when fish are begging to go home with you.
Be safe.
Barb

H
Hawk
sum say the first thing to go is the mind.............................:lol::lol::lol:

B
beaverfan
Well I'm going back Thursday, but as Barb mentioned it always happens when they are dying to be caught. When I go back they will probably all be stuffed and hiding in the depths in the middle of the lake. Anyone ever fish Monon or any of the other lakes up there. Some of them look quite fishy.

O
OnTheFly
beaverfan said:
Well I'm going back Thursday, but as Barb mentioned it always happens when they are dying to be caught. When I go back they will probably all be stuffed and hiding in the depths in the middle of the lake. Anyone ever fish Monon or any of the other lakes up there. Some of them look quite fishy.

I have fished Monon once and got zilch. One lake I'm going to try in the area is the walk-in to Fish Lake. A small backpack to carry your float tube works very well.

A
adambomb
OnTheFly said:
I have fished Monon once and got zilch. One lake I'm going to try in the area is the walk-in to Fish Lake. A small backpack to carry your float tube works very well.

I "walked" in to Fish lake last summer. Its more like a 2 mile hike! The final leg of the hike is a very steep down hill grade. When we got there, I noticed a camp at one end of the lake with lots of kids and usual camping gear that I dont think they packed in, so there must be a shorter route. Its a float tube lake for sure, and there is another smaller lake on the trail it that looked very fishy. Search for an Olallie lake thread, and hendrixfan posted an map of the surrounding lakes.

O
OnTheFly
adambomb said:
I "walked" in to Fish lake last summer. Its more like a 2 mile hike! The final leg of the hike is a very steep down hill grade. When we got there, I noticed a camp at one end of the lake with lots of kids and usual camping gear that I dont think they packed in, so there must be a shorter route. Its a float tube lake for sure, and there is another smaller lake on the trail it that looked very fishy. Search for an Olallie lake thread, and hendrixfan posted an map of the surrounding lakes.

I understand that a shorter way up there is under the power lines. Not sure how steep it is though.