Diffent warranties on Spinning Rods?

B
bootpdx
I am in the market for a spinning setup for Steelhead and was browsing at Fisherman's the other night. Got a lot of good advice on reels, and was checking out the North River rods. I know they have a year warranty, but I am now wondering if there are manufacturers out there that give lifetime warranties for their rods. The North River rods run about $79-90, I'd be willing to pay a bit more if the rod came with a lifetime warranty. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Go with a Lamiglas. If it breaks just drive it up to the factory in Woodland and see what they say.

O
osmosis
Lamiglas gets my vote.

Gloomis is supposed to, but after an absolute nightmare dealing with their customer service I no longer own anything with that brand name.

F
fish4life
osmosis said:
Lamiglas gets my vote.

Gloomis is supposed to, but after an absolute nightmare dealing with their customer service I no longer own anything with that brand name.

I have never had a problem with g loomis customer service, but have only sent in two rods and it was not recently. One for a guide that the ceramic came out and the other one a tripped over and broke. In both cases they fixed or replaced for free. I stopped buying Lamiglas because they broke too often. I have never had one of my loomis blanks break from normal use and I have had them for about ten years. Other rods that have a lifetime warranty to my knowledge are St. Croix and Fenwick. I don't own any of these and don't think the lifetime warranty is on all models. Some of the Lamiglas rods don't have lifetime warrantys so you are going to have to make sure before you get one. The websites of these rod manufactures will have warranty info about its different models. Gary Loomis,s new rod company, can't remember the name, has over the counter replacement lifetime warranty from what I was told. They carried these at Great American Tackle in Clackamas and if I remember correctly they were not bad for price. hope this helps

L
lizardman
I buy my rods at Bi-Mart as they have a policy that if I break it they will replace it. Same with Reels. I took an OLD Mitchell 300 back after toasting it on a salmon and they replaced it (this was a 25 year old reel purchased at Bi-Mart) with the new style reel.

Dave