Dicroic lures...

Troutski
Troutski
I finished my collection of Dicroic Spoons, what an amazing medium for a lure. The colors resemble something from a Grateful Dead concert, when the proper heat is applied at just the right moment the colors just seem to pop. The durability of the glass is unbelievable, bouncing them off rocks and cement doesn't even phase them. They seem to work very well in low to very low light conditions, trolling them behind the boat for Trout and Landlocked Chinook are proving to be a threat to my "Gold Spoons". Any way here is a photo of the collection...
Would be great to see another collection and techniques...

Chuck

IMG_1538.jpg

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Those are beautiful, Chuck! Are you making them now? I'll bet they get hammered! :thumb:

B
Big3d
Those look really cool. I would love to see something like that in my tackle bag!

hobster
hobster
Yeah, those are awesome! I'm also curious to know if you made them or not. Never seen anything like it, very cool.

C_Run
C_Run
I had to look up dicroic. Beautiful. So the glass doesn't break under normal fishing conditions? I've heard of glass spoons.

T
TimberTodd
Those are pretty amazing works of art! Its a beautiful collection worthy of being display.

troutdude
troutdude
Far out man. I dig. (just playin' on the theme) :D

But seriously; those are KILLER!

P.S. Any lure that works better than a Little Cleo, is worth it's weight in gold <pun intended>!

Troutski
Troutski
Raincatcher said:
Those are beautiful, Chuck! Are you making them now? I'll bet they get hammered! :thumb:

It has been a collaboration with a fellow OFF'er, I have indeed made some of these... it has been quite a few years in the making. R&D was the fun part, learning the heat parameters was a slow process...

Chuck

Troutski
Troutski
C_Run said:
I had to look up dicroic. Beautiful. So the glass doesn't break under normal fishing conditions? I've heard of glass spoons.
Extremely durable, even during extreme cold.. to date I have not broken a single one, chipped a few on hard metals... I have lost a few... that stings..

Chuck

E
eugene1
Very cool and beautiful spoons, Chuck!

Any pics of the fish that took them?

Best,

EOBOY
EOBOY
Interesting and very cool.

B
billfisher
Great idea, there's some serious color in them.:worthy:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Troutski said:
It has been a collaboration with a fellow OFF'er, I have indeed made some of these... it has been quite a few years in the making. R&D was the fun part, learning the heat parameters was a slow process...

Chuck
I have wracked my brain trying to remember the members' name...please remind me...:popcorn:

R
radiation
those are fused glass? My mom makes and sells fused glass items. I never even thought about lures. I guess it's times to get involved with my mom's hobby. :thumb:

S
sugarcity
That is so cool. I have known many people who have used dichroic glass for jewelry making, but this is a way better use.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk