Lakes Diamond Lake Fishing Reports

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
Went to Diamond today, took a fellow VietNam vet and her daughter. Dakota had never been fishing before and we kept 10 out of the 11 boated, all rainbows. Didn't hit the water till almost 9:30 and was off by 1 in the afternoon. Little gal did all the hard work of reeling them in, not to bad on her first fish.

• Dakota1.jpg
Reactions: troutdude, Markk and Irishrover
D
Diamond Lake Charlie
Sorry got this a little late, first fish

hobster
hobster
That is awesome! Way to go, getting her into some fish. Smile says it all, such a cool feeling it must have been, well done!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Good on you Charlie! Nice looking fish great way to introduce a youngster to fishing.

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
Well if she had not done such a good fish dance at the beginning I don't think there would have been as many fish. That is a very important thing that must be done first you know.

4labs
4labs
The memoirs that she will have is wonderful and being able to go one of the most beautiful lakes and in a great boat plus to catch fish will stay with her forever. In these days and times that experience is something that few kids get to have.

Reactions: troutdude
D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I called Diamond today, the lake is open and also the north ramp n the ice is gone. Midges are on the lake. Dinning is for take out only, you can order inside and take it with you. No dinning inside. restricted hours. They opened the lake last saturday and the ice has been gone since the 1st of may. I don't know about you but I am setting up a trip now.

Reactions: Markk, Raincatcher and troutdude
G
Gulfstream
Thanks for the 411!

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
Fished there this last Friday and Saturday, Friday was not to bad we kept a 16" trout and threw several smaller ones back. We did catch a 21" tiger trout Friday and released it. Saturday the bite was tough we kept 3 lost several and threw a few back. The bugs were thick and the fish were full of them. We did loose a nice brown at the boat that was a first for me since they have not been in the lake very long. The south wind Sucked bad Saturday many people had a tough time in the launch on the North end, including me. The tall dock and the wind did a small number to the vinyl on the side of the boat, and the wind pushed the ass end around so fast I touched a rock with the prop but not to bad. they need to but some money into that launch to protect it better from the south blow it sucks. We did catch a few fish but all in all the fishing sucked compared to trips I have had up there in the past.

hooksman
hooksman
Hey everybody, I'm about to head up to Diamond Lake next week for a camping trip. We'll probably rent a boat for a day, but I'd like to try my luck from the bank as well. The jetty and the dock are obvious spots, but I'm curious if there are any other locations I should try. I don't mind hiking or wading and most of my gear is oriented towards bait fishing off the bottom. Any info is much appreciated!

troutdude
troutdude
1594519948159.png

hooksman
hooksman
Thanks!

Reactions: troutdude
hooksman
hooksman
Quick report: Fishing was tough, the wind was heavy with a rough chop from late morning until late evening every day I was there. Caught a nice 'bow maybe 14-15" with dark red meat right off the dock at the main campground, on 2' leader #10 octopus hook with one green/one orange powerbait egg. Must have been around 7:30 in the morning. No other action from the bank, besides snapping the tip off my rod after losing $30 worth of tackle from the point NW of the lodge. Went out on a boat one evening for a couple hours, but the chop/drift was too heavy and kept dragging my tackle through the weeds. I'll try Diamond again sometime, would like to get out nice and early on a kayak or small boat and be done before the wind kicks up.

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
troutdude
troutdude
How are the skeeters this time of the year? Did you get all chewed up?

hooksman
hooksman
troutdude said:
How are the skeeters this time of the year? Did you get all chewed up?
Skeeters were active but manageable at the main campground on the East side. I heard they were pretty vicious over at Thielsen View cg. Our campsite in G section had moderate skeeter activity from dawn 'til dusk but they were barely noticeable down on the shore or out on the lake. Idk if that was due to the wind or something else, but overall it wasn't so bad.

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks for the skeeter tips. Those suckers <pun intended> love my blood type for some reason.

BTW I'm glad that you at least didn't get skunked.

hooksman
hooksman
troutdude said:
BTW I'm glad that you at least didn't get skunked.

I never get skunked, but sometimes I undertake extended reconnaissance missions without contacting the enemy.

• Haha
Reactions: PhoFish, Bo Peep and troutdude
Top Bottom