Diamond Lake shore fishing

B
Blackdiamond1983
Is there any good shore fishing at diamond lake? I don't have a boat and am limited to bank fishing. I want to head up there this summer and fish it for the first time.

N
nwdunerider
Most of the bank fishing that I have seen is a few hundred yds northwest of Diamond lake resort at a place called the Cheesehole

B
Blackdiamond1983
Thanks guys.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I've never bank fished it but I've seen some nice fish cruising around the ramp on the south shore. I also see a lot of people in pontoons down there. You might try to find a float tube for better success.

troutdude
troutdude
Lots of spots, to bank it at the "Gem".

Red dots, marks the spots on this map:

Diamond Lake Map.jpg

Yellow dots, with X's, marks 'em on this one:

diamond lake amato map.jpg

B
Blackdiamond1983
I have an inflatable raft but don't think I can generate enough speed to troll.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Blackdiamond1983 said:
I have an inflatable raft but don't think I can generate enough speed to troll.

Most people don't troll there. Even in their expensive boats. Powerbait is the main thing used there, also bobber and night crawlers work good.

Q
qwapaw
Fish the concrete jetty by the boat ramp. Lots of nice fish come off of that. The other good spot is walk behind the cabins and down the bike path until you see a bench by the lake. We caught some large bows from there. Good luck. Qwapaw

S
steelhead_stalkers
Throbbit _Shane said:
Most people don't troll there. Even in their expensive boats. Powerbait is the main thing used there, also bobber and night crawlers work good.

I would't say that Shane. A lot of guys troll up there. Not a majority by any means but there are a good number that do. We have caught our biggest trout trolling at Diamond. Saw an Angler West TV show where they were trolling there.

B
Blackdiamond1983
Well it is good to know I have options when I go. Thanks all.