Diamond Lake report!!!!

S
STIKTIME
Just got back from a trip to Diamond and the fishing was the best that i have ever seen. Between 11 guys we caught well over 100 fish in 3 full days of fishing. All of the fish that we caught were nice and fat. My guess is that they are leftovers from last year. I truly recommend that if anyone has a free weekend they need to get down there ASAP. Powerbait seemed to be just what the doctor ordered for those fatty's. Here's some pic's of the first 2 fish that i caught of the trip and a solid stringer. They weren't the biggest but damn nice bow's to get the blood flowin. Between all of us guys we caught 25 fish that were 20-22 inches. One of the guys caught a 25 inch, 5 pounder. Good luck to all if u go. DIAMOND LAKE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18406ej
18406ej
STIKTIME- Thanks for the great report. It is good to hear that the lake is doing well, and I am glad that you had so much success.

F
FishSlayer420
Wow nice haul man. Sounds like Diamond is pumpin some nice fish out again.

T
Thuggin4Life
Very Nice to bad I am going to Wickiup this weekend.

S
Slap A Fish
heading up there this weekend

heading up there this weekend

I can't wait , after this report I want to just drop everything and go NOW! I went there last year with similar results but I was only there for like 6 hrs : ( this year I will be there for 5 days..... WOOT!!!! But I was wondering if there is any snow in the campgrounds?

F
FishSlayer420
I am pretty sure that it is all clear by now. Good luck man. You are gonna be killin em. Lucky Dog:D

S
Slap A Fish
FishSlayer420 said:
I am pretty sure that it is all clear by now. Good luck man. You are gonna be killin em. Lucky Dog:D

thanks , I will catch one for you

S
STIKTIME
no snow just damn good fishing

S
Slap A Fish
cool , I will be back tues or wed depending on my booze supply lol. I will post some pics for you guys If I happen to catch any.

J
juggernaut506
Were you just still fishing for them out on the boat? Did trolling work at all?

T
Troutweiser is lifeblood
damn!!!!!!!,
i been telling my brother in law that diamond lake is a destination this year
but now after this great report, we're going next weekend
those are some seriously GOOD lookin' fish.

Congrats on your success!

~jack

T
Troutweiser is lifeblood
i also heard from a close friend
that there is a less known, very successful
Way less populated lake right next door to Diamond.

Can anyone confirm this?

S
steelhead_stalkers
Its a nice lake but doesn't get the size of fish that Diamond does. It does have browns in it I believe.

B
Bfishin
I'll be up there Thursday and Friday. What's the go to method up there right now? Trolling or just plunking bait? I've seen all the pivcs and success stories, but haven't heard how they're nailing 'em. Thanks:)

S
steelhead_stalkers
Anything will catch fish up there until now or very soon. Thats when they start eating a lot of bugs and only the best fly fisherman or guys that know how to fish flies or jigs will be able to still catch large numbers of fish. You can go out there up until now and catch fish with your eyes closed. :) Not sure if the big hatches have started but they will soon. When I was up there powerbait worked well and trolling was effective as well. Good luck out there!

D
djjammz
bank fishing

bank fishing

I dont have a boat is it good fromthe bank?

T
Thuggin4Life
If for some reason nothing is working you might try a fly and bobber set up. I have some fly's you can borrow if you bring em back.

B
Bfishin
steelhead_stalkers said:
Anything will catch fish up there until now or very soon. Thats when they start eating a lot of bugs and only the best fly fisherman or guys that know how to fish flies or jigs will be able to still catch large numbers of fish. You can go out there up until now and catch fish with your eyes closed. :) Not sure if the big hatches have started but they will soon. When I was up there powerbait worked well and trolling was effective as well. Good luck out there!
Thanks for the report man. That's good to know about the fly hatches coming soon. Are there Brookies in there too? Thought I heard that.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Nope just rainbows, most are bug eaters but some are a strain of klamath rainbows who eat meat and bugs!!

T
Thuggin4Life
My dad just called me and said his buddy went got back from there with 75 fish between 4 people. Mostly 17'" to 20" ers and a few 3-4 lb ers. Mostly trolling but not sure what but probably doing it blindfolded.