Diamond Lake has too many trout

E
eat, sleep, fish
Reactions: beaverfan
B
Bad Tuna
I'm taking the whole family there in June, we hope to keep lots of fish for the smoker.

Reactions: OnTheFly and brandon4455
troutdude
troutdude
Very interesting. I wonder if they'll up the daily bag limit? Thanks for posting.

O
OnTheFly
I have a trip planned there already in July. Guess I'll have to put a dent in the fish population.:p

T
Throbbit _Shane
Im going in May some time. 2 rod license in hand :D

Reactions: OnTheFly
I
ian
I am really wanting to check this place out.

Reactions: OnTheFly
T
the_intimidator03
shane... TT can say 2 rod license wasn't needed when we went LOL I am hoping to get at least 2 days fishing up there this trip if i can go

Reactions: brandon4455
T
Throbbit _Shane
Ill be C&R. Keep the 18" and bigger ones LOL. Unless the weather is real bad. then ill go with the first 5.

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
ill dent the population with my fly rod and only two flies. a bead head rubber leg prince and a royal stimulator. if i convince the parents to go to diamond for our camping trip those trout are screwed.

R
rippin fish lips
brandon4455 said:
ill dent the population with my fly rod and only two flies. a bead head rubber leg prince and a royal stimulator. if i convince the parents to go to diamond for our camping trip those trout are screwed.

word!! looks like ima have to plan a trip there this summer. My 2 choices would be a thomas spoon, and a copper spinner

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
B
Bad Tuna
brandon4455 said:

Without a doubt the best flies there are olive or black wooly buggers and olive damsel fly nymphs.

T
TTFishon
the_intimidator03 said:
shane... TT can say 2 rod license wasn't needed when we went LOL I am hoping to get at least 2 days fishing up there this trip if i can go

Yeah, if the fishing's as good as it was when we were there, then I think 2 poles will be a nuisance. lol

O
OnTheFly
TTFishon said:
Yeah, if the fishing's as good as it was when we were there, then I think 2 poles will be a nuisance. lol
lol! Even my wife laughed. You were there in June right?

E
eat, sleep, fish
OnTheFly said:

I was up there in June and fishing 2 rods was pretty much impossible. After you casted out your first rod, you'd get a bite before you could finish baiting up your second rod and cast it out. If you ever got both poles baited up and in the water at the same time it was time to move.

T
TTFishon
OnTheFly said:

No, we were there in October.

O
OnTheFly
eat said:
I was up there in June and fishing 2 rods was pretty much impossible. After you casted out your first rod, you'd get a bite before you could finish baiting up your second rod and cast it out. If you ever got both poles baited up and in the water at the same time it was time to move.

TTFishon said:
No, we were there in October.
:shock:!!!!!! I might need a bigger boat!

S
sherman
I never made it up there last year. Wife & I like to go in Sept. the week after all the kids go back to school. By then the mosqitoes are almost gone, the weather is still great & we can usually get a camp spot right on the lake.

T
TTFishon
It was crazy and the fish were awesome fighters too!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Bad Tuna said:
Without a doubt the best flies there are olive or black wooly buggers and olive damsel fly nymphs.

i know a woolly bugger is good at any lake or pond regardless. but i didn't know about the damselfly. im pretty sure a mosquito dry would work too since the hacthes there are crazy. thanks for the fly recomendations though :)