H
Hawk
Beautiful Fish.............................:D

Are thar any crawdads in Diamond Lake???.................:rolleyes:

Troutski
Troutski
Flash back...

Flash back...

Sure looks like the good old days......never thought it would have worked that quickly....nice job ODFW :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chuck

T
TroutSlayer
Great! I went up there 1 1/2 years ago... caught a couple Big trout, and seen several others... unfortunately i forgot about them in the ice chest and woke up to bears raiding my camp. But I can't wait to make it up there this year. If no ones gone up there before It makes for a great weekend, boat rentals and nice campsites. Just bring warm clothes.. kinda chilly all year

T
TTFishon
TroutSlayer said:
Great! I went up there 1 1/2 years ago... caught a couple Big trout, and seen several others... unfortunately i forgot about them in the ice chest and woke up to bears raiding my camp. But I can't wait to make it up there this year. If no ones gone up there before It makes for a great weekend, boat rentals and nice campsites. Just bring warm clothes.. kinda chilly all year

What kind of camp sites do they have there and can dogs be off leash?

Troutski
Troutski
Nice, some very nice...

Nice, some very nice...

TTFishon said:
What kind of camp sites do they have there and can dogs be off leash?

I don't believe there is a bad one, the views are amazing and the fishing is approaching wonderful. Here is a link to the resort, it will answer most of your questions. When you have more questions like where to fish and what to bring, I am sure one of us will shoot you a PM or even post for all to view. Good luck and tight lines.

Chuck

J
joemomma
There are campgrounds on both side's of the lake, I prefer the east over the west (hot showers) All dogs need to be on a leash or tied up legally! My Lab like's it there, I'll let you figure the rest out:rolleyes: The fishing last sept, was insane! Lot's of nice fish and they eat really good for stockers (fresh water shrimp), and I mean really good! Oh one word "Racoons", "we were at war":lol:

B
beaverfan
Is there any boat-in camping, or is it just all campground? We have an annual trip with about 25-30 people that we are thinking about switching over to Diamond from Paulina.

J
joemomma
All campground or resort! Here's a couple of pics, one of a nice little eater! 19" if I remember right

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

T
TTFishon
Looks like it's worth giving it a try when I have a vacation which won't be until next summer.

D
doublestrike
100_2230.jpg
We went early Last year. Here is a shot of Mt Bailey
100_2241.jpg
And one of Mt Theilson
100_2235.jpg
A troller going by.
100_2238.jpg
Some of the neighbors.
100_2239.jpg
Some more neighboors.
100_2244.jpg
Next door neighbors.
100_2245.jpg
The double.
100_2247.jpg
Cousin steve with the fish after we got home.
See, Diamond Lake can be great, and I am looking forward to more fun this year!

J
joesnuffy
that is a ton of boats....

M
Mike123
Looks like Ima need to buy a new Duckworth or Alumaweld... :shock:
That looks more like Salmon fishing on the Columbia!

T
TTFishon
joesnuffy said:
that is a ton of boats....

And that's why I probably won't go until maybe late fall. Personally I'd rather not see a soul while I'm out fishing. Problem is it's pretty much the same way at any drive to lake.

D
doublestrike
TTFishon said:
And that's why I probably won't go until maybe late fall. Personally I'd rather not see a soul while I'm out fishing. Problem is it's pretty much the same way at any drive to lake.

Don't let all of the baots scare you off, just get in with them and catch fish. They pile up where the fish are biting!

F
fisherwilly
I am stoked to see it come back. I went to East lake last year and the shallows literally moved with all the tui chubs. But without the huge baitfish numbers there wouldn't be the huge browns. Kind of a catch 22 if they rotenoe that lake.

S
simpsoti
Diamond lake is looking to be HOT this year. You gotta watch the wind on that big lake thought cause it will blow you off the water. BIG ol' trout, and it looks like PLENTY to go around this year!!! Can't wait for school to get out so I can set up camp at Diamond for a week or two.

S
SNDSLGR
I dont think its gonna make opening day, lol. I took this pic on 04/20...

DSC_0282.jpg

C
Commodore S
Get out the augers, and do some fishin:lol:

W
wanna go fishing
Fond memories

Fond memories

I'm glad to hear the lake is back. I have fond memories from there.