Diamond Lake 2009!

S
simpsoti
Anyone make it to Diamond lake yet? ODFW reports say the ice is looking pretty soft and the lake is accessible. I heard 150,000 trout 12"" + and people pulling in 3 and 4 pounders often.

F
FishSlayer420
Really? I have never fished this lake but have heard some good things about it. I am gonna have to make a trip

S
smokin'salmon
Diamond lake

Diamond lake

hopefully I will be up there Saturday landing some nice ones I looked on there resort web site and it said a lil snow left but not much. So.... a lil snow dont keep me away hopefully I can get a buddy to with me if he dont have to do the work thing. Anyway i will post info and hopefully pics of all the fish I catch.

Tight Lines

I
IZZY
Just talked to my dad who drove over there yesterday and said the lake is about 70% ice free. He's heading up next weekend, but I unfortunately can't go since I'm heading to Simtustus with the family this weekend. If the Diamond of old is back since the poisoning of the chubs then it will be dynamite the first couple weeks after the ice melts. We had some mornings there when we had three or four on at a time while trolling. Fun place!!! Good luck and enjoy this special lake!

D
davidlee
I fished Diamond Lake on 5/16 and 5/17. By the time I left on Sunday most of the ice was gone.

As for the fishing.. I just fished off the bank north of the lodge. Got there late afternon Sat... 1 fish in the afternoon then had dinner and went back to a little different spot, caught 3 more in about 20 minutes before sunset. Sunday morning got up about 6:30 and had 5 fish in less than 2 hours. All between 14-17 inches or so. Nothing huge but all decent fish and quite acrobatic with a couple coming out of the water a few times.

Oh and caught the fish on Rainbow and Marshmallow Cluster Gulp powerbaits with the Corn scented goo on them. :)