DHLS in Wilsonville

D
Denduran87
Contacted ODFW today because while at work I saw these 2 deer outside my window. I called and the lady on the other end assured me that deer do not shed like this so it could only be deer hair loss syndrome. These 2 are normally in a heard of about 11 or so that i see every year eating the acorns in the summer months so there are more than likely more out there in this area.:shock:

• IMAG0017.jpg
  • IMAG0018.jpg
  • IMAG0019.jpg
  • IMAG0020.jpg
B
beaverfan
Kinda looks like mange, no idea if deer can even get mange though.

F
fishtales
Hhhmmm mange. It looks like a bad case of lice. our trapping group found a bunch of wolves like this a few years ago out of state. In some peoples opinion It can ruin the what value there is in an animal. Not sure what the point of this thread is though. Could it kinda be the natural cycle of life?

Last edited:
D
Denduran87
fishtales said:
Hhhmmm mange. It looks like a bad case of lice. our trapping group found a bunch of wolves like this a few years ago out of state. In some peoples opinion It can ruin the what value there is in an animal. Not sure what the point of this thread is though. Could it kinda be the natural cycle of life?

DHLS is a disease black tail are not familiar with and is impeding the population quite a bit. Just was letting people know what it looks like and that if seen you should also report it to odfw so they can keep track of sightings.

F
fishtales
Ok thanks. Was trying to figure it out.

M
Markcanby
DHLS is pretty much Mange but in deer not K9