Dexter Reservoir Fishing Reports

Troutski

Troutski

Went fishing to Dexter Reservoir this morning and boy did it rain. Had the lake to our selves, no wonder......Cold and Rain. A lot of fish on the screen, took most of the morning to get any to bite. But our patents paid off, two Rainbow Trout, and two mighty take downs.

The water temp. was 43 and the outside air was probably in the high 30's with the wind it felt like the low 20's. Tried spoons, spinners and some flies, finely they couldn't resist a Lil Cleo (Gold) 1/3 oz. long lining behind a ultra light. They may have been stocked fish but on that light tackle it was still fun.

There were two Bald Eagles fishing the same area we were fishing so I know I was in the right spot. The weather finely won out and we called it a day. Oh the pleasures of a heater and a soft comfy recliner, life is good.

Chuck

Attachments

• P2250002.jpg
    P2250002.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 30
  • P2250001.jpg
    P2250001.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 35
R

radiationalley

A little late to the party, but Dexter Reservoir fishing has been okay for us this winter. Two guys trolling for a few hours can usually net a few good sized trout. Trolling standard stuff, wedding rings with worms and thomas buoyants. I've noticed that I tend to get more bites if we leave the whole worm dangling behind the spinner - but I tend to lose quite a few fishing that way as I don't have any hooks back there. There was big boat with a bunch of guys trolling gold Rapala style crank baits recently, and they were hauling. I've fished off the bank a bit, and I've managed to catch pretty good sized trout for dinner with just a bobber off the bridge. I've also caught a fish pound smallmouth off a bass jig from underneath the main bridge.

The pike minnow are an ever-present irritation, but they seem to have calmed down over the winter. They tend to be really active and irritating when the water warms up. Fishing here is not as productive as other places (Hills Creek, Dorena Lake, etc.) but it's close to Eugene, and great for a quick trip to the water.

R

rippin fish lips

Dexter Reservoir Fishing

Trout and Land Locked Chinook, and yes there is some of decent to good sized in this lake. My buddy trolls all the usual methods but with a whole worm dangling or half. If im on the bank or your on the bank....

Invest in that two rod license, get your self some plunking gear and maybe some spinners and spoons...

USE the Marshmellows, get just about every color if your big into lake trout fishing... then get plenty ofknight crawlers and size 4 and 6 hooks. Use 1 or two mellows and some worm on then end with 24" of leader and just enough weight to get down at a decent speed. Use a egg sinker sliding set up and sit back and hold on!!

If plunking both rods, use two different colors of mellows, say use Green mellow with a chunk of worm on one... and a chart on the other... If one gets bit and u land that fish, rebait same set up/colors cast and get bit again on the same color... quickly switch your other rod to the same colors as the one that u just got fish on.... Hold on tight and be ready for many intense seconds of take downs on both rods.

Trying to get two bites on two different rods by your self is the hard part :)

I

Iki Jime

Caught my limit in hatchery rainbows today right next to Lookout dam, on the Dexter side. Used powerbait off of the bottom and watched the line closely (they were really subtle nibbles), so I could set the hook. Took 2 hours to reach my limit. The biggest was shy of 13".

Attachments

• 12273729_10153742495446303_4139096500090982739_o.jpg
    12273729_10153742495446303_4139096500090982739_o.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 70
B

Banjo

Fished Dexter yesterday afternoon.
Heard trout action was picking up.
Missed a couple but caught 3 fat 13 inchers. (and 1 squawfish that is pushing up daisies )
Spinnerfly with a piece of worm trolled at 4 feet at the west end of the lake. (Jet boat races going on now so don't bother until at least next week.

Attachments

• photo30559.jpg
    photo30559.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 90