Dexter Lake bank fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
C
catchallthefish
on the Dexter lake fishing has been extremely slow for the past few weeks. me a few friends have been baring the elements in hope of pike minnow, trout , carp, bass and suckers. we have talked to a few anglers and they all say the same thing nothing is really jumping or biting lately.....
today i just hooked a 14 in pike-minnow on a fly i tied that was near bottom before the sun set ...its a little slow and drawn out but im personally satisfied as i haven't caught anything on surrounding lakes, ponds or rivers in weeks...

troutdude
troutdude
So there ARE fish in that lake? Thought it was a myth.

C
catchallthefish
ya and there is surprisingly millions of fish but 85% are pike minnows...

T
TTFishon
I usually fish Dexter at least once or twice a year and all I seem to catch are hold over bows. I guess I'm lucky.

C
catchallthefish
sounds like gravy

T
TTFishon
I think it's just a matter of time. I doubt it, but maybe it's all about the location. I usually fish by the lookout dam, but I don't see why that would matter though.

C
catchallthefish
under the dam is primo for trout

T
TTFishon
catchallthefish said:
under the dam is primo for trout

That and a heck of a lot less boat traffic. lol

C
catchallthefish
yeah it supper nice i take my pedal boat out there and it gets pretty shallow in some spots

do you go on 58 side or lowell side?

T
TTFishon
The lowel side.

C
catchallthefish
you ever tried the peninsula? just a little south of the dam

T
TTFishon
Yeah, discovered that area cause I had to take a leak and while I was doing my business my buddy started catching fish tossing hardware. lol Haven't fished Dexter in about a year. Maybe it's time to go back.

C
catchallthefish
the peninsula is my favorite spot we hammer trout
so if you wouldn't mind a fishing buddy im right here in lowell

T
TTFishon
Well, I'll get in touch with you next time I plan on fishing Dexter or any other lake near there.

C
catchallthefish
that would be very much appreciated comrade! then i will have 3 fishing buddy's

T
Ttrolling
Make that 4 now, I am in Lowell too.

H
HVFishing
Any luck out in Dexter Lake? Where is the peninsula you speak of... is that near the state park?
I have been fishing down at the Covered bridge parking lot... caught a few trout... threw them all back because they were small.
I was wondering how Lookout Point Reservoir is for fishing? Maybe it's worth the extra few minutes in the car.

T
Ttrolling
HVFishing said:
Any luck out in Dexter Lake? Where is the peninsula you speak of... is that near the state park?
I have been fishing down at the Covered bridge parking lot... caught a few trout... threw them all back because they were small.
I was wondering how Lookout Point Reservoir is for fishing? Maybe it's worth the extra few minutes in the car.

You may need to talk with a few of the local's, but the South side of Dexter near the private docks holds some nice Small mouths and trout. If you go to Lookout Point, you pretty mcu need to be in a boat. It's tough to bank fish there.

Status
Not open for further replies.