Devil's Lake

Dnyed

I'm heading to Devil's Lake State Recreation area this weekend. Anyone have any advice for fishing Devil's Lake in March? Heley's book says that trout fishing is fair, but there are good numbers of bullheads and yellow perch. What is most likely to be biting this time of year? I know that it won't be stocked with rainbows until next week, so I'm guessing targeting trout won't be all that productive...

I have fly, bait, and spinning set ups. Also a small inflatable pontoon boat that I'm not sure if I want to spend the time assembling and dissembling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

pinstriper

I would think that such a windy play a pontoon will get blown around real good.

Honestly, if I were down in LC and wanted to fish, I would be in the surf.

troutdude

I've never fished that pond. But was told that "anything green" will catch trout.

Also according to ODFW reg's:

Devils Lake• Only hatchery trout may be harvested.• No harvest of grass carp.

Dnyed

Thanks for the info! All of my rods are too wimpy for the surf so I'll have to stick to the lake.

troutdude

Go to Big Creek Reservoir # 2 (upper lake) instead. It's on the north end of Newport, past the Water Treatment Plant. You'll have a better chance of catching trout. And/Or head over the Ollala Reservoir, north of Toledo.

Casting Call

Go to Big Creek Reservoir # 2 (upper lake) instead,. It's on the north end of Newport, past the Water Treatment Plant. You'll have a better chance of catching trout. And/Or head over the Ollala Reservoir, north of Toledo.
I what they both said!!!!!! Good luck Tony