Detrout Lake,I mean Detroit Lake was hopping yesterday!

B
BobbiDollPDX
Hit Detroit with a couple of friends yesterday afternoon.

Rented a boat from the Detroit Lake Marina and trolled for 3 hours and put 6 trout in the boat. 1 or 2 of them were decent sized.

Returned the boat and hit the flats for my favorite evening feeding frenzy and we were pulling them in hand over fish, I mean fist :D

I fish there a lot but have never pulled that many decent sized native trout off the bank in one sitting.

We came back a little illegal. :naughty: There were 4 of us and I cleaned 21 fish at 11:30pm last night. Of course one of them was so small it shouldn't really count.

Detroit has always been my favorite lake and it was a great day out there.

Fair warning, they will probably be stocking it heavily this week because the annual Derby is this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There will be a lot of hatchery fish in the lake. I haven't been to the Derby since 2001 so I don't know what the crowds are like anymore. I saw the list of prizes though and if I wasn't already booked for a Halibut trip next weekend, I would be going.

Last edited by a moderator:
H
Hawk
You had a Wonderful Day, SIS & Friends.

Great Job. Those are Reel Beauties...

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool::cool:

T
TTFishon
Looks like a great day on the water. Thanks for sharing.

T
Thuggin4Life
I bet that was more fun than you make it sound. Nice catch!

troutdude
troutdude
Sounds like a great time.

And don't worry; we won't tell about the "extra" fish. ;)

B
bigdog
BobbiDollPDX said:
Derby is this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Sounds like you had a great day out there. So any idea how much the derby cost per person to enter in I might think about taking my seven year old girl out there for some fun.

CJ

B
BobbiDollPDX
05/14/2010 28th Annual Fishing Derby » »

Presented by Detroit Lake Recreation Area Business Association (DLRABA)

Hours:

May 14th 6am-4pm
May 15th 6am-4pm
May 16th 6am-2pm

Prizes will be awarded on Sunday May 16th at 3:00 P.M.

You Must Be Present to Win!!!

Grand Prize Adults: Smokercraft Boat with Trailer

Grand Prize Kids: 1 Boys Bicycle and 1 Girls Bicycle

Raffle Prizes: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place each for boys, girls, and adults

Rod and reel combos for the biggest fish by weight-1st,2nd, and 3rd place each for boys, girls, and adults

Catch specially tagged fish and win $50! One very special fish is worth $100!!

There are multiple ways to win....

* Adult Entry Fee $15 Per-Person-Entry fee for 13 and Under is $8 Per-Person
* 14 and Over (adult) Prize Category * 13 and Under (boys and girls) Prize Category
* First 400 registrations receive a free hat
* Every (adult) registration includes a ticket for the grand prize drawing for the Smokercraft boat with trailer
* Every kids registration includes a ticket for the grand prize drawing for a bicycle.
* Register once for all three days and receive one ticket for the grand prize drawing or register as many times as you want and receive a ticket for the grand prize drawing for each registration.
* Only one fish punch card will be given to each person.
* Upon registration you will receive a punch card. When you are finished fishing for the day, take your fish downtown, to Kane's Marina or Detroit Lake Marina to be clipped.The marinas also sponsor catch and release. Your card will be punched and you receive a raffle ticket for each fish up to 5 tickets. Bring the card back each day, catch more fish, turn them in, get your card punched and receive more raffle tickets (up to 5 per day). The maximum number of raffle tickets per card is 15. These raffle tickets are good for the boys, girls, and adult prizes including fishing poles for the kids.
* Fish clipping stations will be be open 7am to 6pm Friday and Saturday, 7am-2pm on Sunday.
* DLRABA members will be selling raffle tickets for donated items. Items can be seen near the registration table.

Register at the center of Detroit Avenue next to City Hall.

$Thousands of Dollars$ in Cash and Prizes!

DLRABA reserves the right to make any changes.

DLRABA is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization.

troutdude
troutdude
I forgot to mention, that I liked the new name you have given to DeTrout Reservoir!

S
s3iz
Woohoo!

Was out there Saturday for the first time. Caught some pretty fine fish. Great place.
Much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF. It's a nice place...been there dozens of times (maybe more). Glad you had a good time, and got some fish too boot!

O
OnTheFly
Hey BobbiDoll, I'll be willing to bet that you'll be after that Smokercraft.

B
BobbiDollPDX
OnTheFly said:
Hey BobbiDoll, I'll be willing to bet that you'll be after that Smokercraft.

Not this year OTF, I'm after my first halibut Saturday so no derby for me.

Maybe next year.

B
buddah426
my pontooning partner is down there this weekend for the derby... i wanted to go but my duties as a provider for my family killed that idea :-( hope he brings that smokercraft back with him... lol