Detroit stocked

B
bigsteel
just read in the paper Detroit will be stocked for the trout opener with 20,000 trout along with the 10,000 they put in a couple weeks ago...........go get em

L
Left Bank
Yeppeeee!!!! I can't wait to get back up there. Anyone heard any updates on the water level? Last I heard it was fairly low.

troutdude
troutdude
I just called the ODFW confirmation line, and so far Detroit is NOT on the list.

I'd suggest calling the confirmation line, before anyone heads up (at least, that is, if you want to know if actually has been stocked this week).

C
capblack
the water is coming up fine, i was there 2 wkkes ago and the docks at the marina were starting to hit the water. Brian
Left Bank said:
Yeppeeee!!!! I can't wait to get back up there. Anyone heard any updates on the water level? Last I heard it was fairly low.

N
natro
I've never fished this lake before, but thought I'd put in what I've heard. I just called the McKenzie fish hatchery and the recording for their fish stocking report said that detroit lake will get 20,000 fish this friday. The McKenzie fish hatchery phone number is: (541) 896-3294.

J
J0rdan 23
Heading there tomorrow, i sure hope that it was stocked. I'm rolling up there with almost a fleet of fisherman so i'll let you all know how it goes.

Reactions: OnTheFly
troutdude
troutdude
Jordan, welcome to OFF. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I have!

I just called the ODFW stocking confirmation line again. As of 4:30 yesterday (Thursday), Detroit Reservoir was still NOT confirmed as actually having been stocked.

My suggestion? Call ODFW and ask for the phone number, of the hatchery that is supposed to provide the fish this week. Then, call that hatchery to confirm.