Detroit reservoir ramp access?

troutdude
troutdude
Planning to hit Detroit soon. Can anyone tell us which ramps are open for boating access?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Detroit Ranger Station will have the answer: Phone: (503) 854-3366

Reactions: troutdude
C_Run
C_Run
I went three weeks ago and Mongold was open then.

Reactions: troutdude and Raincatcher
305to503fishermen
305to503fishermen
yeah TD Mongold is open, i will be there this week.

We are camping over by Brittenbush, will be there at least one day. Has only fished the mouth of Brittenbush and Detroit? Is it fishy ? i know they stock both.

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Thanks again. I just called the Ranger Station, and ALL boat ramps are open. Choices are nice.

troutdude
troutdude
305to503fishermen said:
Has only fished the mouth of Brittenbush and Detroit? Is it fishy ? i know they stock both.

Assuming that water temps are likely beginning to rise...fishing the streams that flow into the lake seems legit. Finding fish near the drop OFF's, along the seams, waiting to ambush a tasty meal seems to make sense.

Good luck to you. I'll be with 2 friends in a small craft. We were originally planning our 16th annual fishing/camping trip, for this weekend (to Lava Lake this year). But we decided to cancel as the campground was closed; and my friend wanted his deposit money refunded. So a day trip to Detroit is our "plan B".

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
@troutdude, actually the water up here doesn't really warm up for a few more months. The snow melt is keeping the temps in the mid 40's. It was just a few days ago that a swimmer lost their life due to jumping into the North Fork not expecting the frigid waters because we had a few days of warm weather.

troutdude
troutdude
@Raincatcher oh my! I had not heard about that tragic news. How sad.

Perhaps my idea of trolling in the cooler waters, isn't the best idea? I guess we will find out. LOL

And thank you for the "intel".

Reactions: Raincatcher