Detroit report 4/22 :D

J
jaxworks
Wow! Best fishing I have had this year. Three of us decided to go to Detroit to try out the new Lowrance in the deeper water. We were the second boat to put in at Mongold even though it was later (8:00 AM) and we limited out in 2 hours. Didn't really matter what bait was on the wedding rings. We switched to lures just so we could have time to drink some coffee between hits and still picked up fish! So we started throwing back unless they were good sized. Man what a day!:D

M
markasd
awesome! sounds like a blast - also sounds like you guys owned it!

troutdude
troutdude
Nice report, and a good day on the water. Was there any size to them?

J
jaxworks
We started shallow and kept getting the small stockers so went deeper and started getting some larger keepers. I was using homemade wedding ring setups w/#6 hooks. I found a seller on Ebay that sells all the parts needed to make your own and his prices are dirt cheap. Beads, split rings are $1 per 100, ball bearing swivels $1.20 for 25 w/rings attached. Snaps $1 for 100, the actual wedding rings in gold or silver $3 for 10. I spent $16 and have enough stuff to make 30 or 40 setups. His online store at Ebay is called Ole Coyotes Den and all the stuff shipped for just $4 :)

troutdude
troutdude
Wow, that is cheap! I have my own spinner making kit already. I'll have to get some stuff from him. Thank you!!!