detroit lake

R
rippin fish lips
going camping there the 2nd week of july. First time going there, will prolly fish. but just gunna do a lot of boating since its our first time there. stoked, been lookin at pics and it looks awesome there!!

18406ej
18406ej
It is a beautiful place alright. Just so you know it gets windy there (espescially near the dam end) in the afternoon. If you have the time, make the short drive down the highway to the sign reading "Detroit Dam Powerhouse" or words to that effect. This will lead you to Big Cliff Reservoir (a re-regulation reservoir for Detroit), which is not only a beautiful spot, but one that can hold some large hold-over and planted trout. Good luck and have fun,

troutdude
troutdude
X 2, on the Big Cliff suggestion.

Also...LOTS of smallish "truck trout" are piled up in front of Tumble Creek and the French Creek/Breitenbush river inlets (of Detroit). And there are some Chinokanee out in the middle/deeper parts.

R
rippin fish lips
3 days!! stoked!!!

R
rippin fish lips
oh yeah so the very late post comes... forgot about this thread ha! i marked a school of fish the first day but didn't fish... later that day my step dad and mom go out.. i told them where i marked them and he ended up catching twotrout that evening... i 13 incher and a 9 incher... the morning after that i hooked into a 14 incher at the same spot.. then my buddy got a 12 incher in this one arm of the lake. was a very fun trip...