Detroit lake kokanee fishing

W
wormosa
any idea how fishing for kokanee is at detroit lake or is it almost over for the year? and where to go if it is ok there now?

C
capblack
kokanee fishing is done for the year, they have turned. theres always next year, but i would suggest green peter rather than detroit lake when you do go out for them, Brian

W
wormosa
thanks for the info brian... start in march?

C
Coho Kid
I have caught a couple kokanee out of Detroit, and they are dinks. I'm not sure the lake has an ample food supply to support their population. I've read somewhere that the planted Chinook get fat on the kokanee in that lake.

F
fish face
capblack said:
kokanee fishing is done for the year, they have turned. theres always next year, but i would suggest green peter rather than detroit lake when you do go out for them, Brian

You know I hear that a lot. Why? If you don't mind my asking Brian.

C
capblack
i just say that to get everyone to go to green peter so i get detroit all to myself. ok, thats not true, theres a greater population of kokanee at green peter, they grow larger, and there easier to catch. gp is probably the best koke water on this side of the mountains, and in my opinion, its one of the most beautiful lakes in the state. much better than detroit, too many rowdies there in the summer months, but by all means, fish detroit. Brian

F
fish face
capblack said:
i just say that to get everyone to go to green peter so i get Detroit all to myself. ok, thats not true, theres a greater population of kokanee at green peter, they grow larger, and there easier to catch. gp is probably the best koke water on this side of the mountains, and in my opinion, its one of the most beautiful lakes in the state. much better than detroit, too many rowdies there in the summer months, but by all means, fish detroit. Brian

How can I submit without a quote. Anyway, I agree. Too many recreation vehicle's during the summer. In fact, I felt that my fishing boat was out of place there. However, I just figured that GP would more of the same. How you fished GP in the fall?