Detroit Lake 5/7/16

P
pinstriper
All the docks are floating at the state park. Not quite "full" full but darned close. Shoreline is maybe 60' from the path on the outside of the campsites.

04cb5b50218cf003cd587d9bc585b6a0.jpg
403e8b5d1ed55ec43aaba7d48ccaae2a.jpg
1befd5a42178b0f6bb27dbe0a0143b20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EOBOY
EOBOY
any luck?

P
pinstriper
Fish pics to follow (I hope)

D
DrTheopolis
You must be wrong. Everyone said it was going to take years for Detroit to fill back up.

P
pinstriper
Skunked so far, maybe first light will be better. Banks are shallow and snaggy with rocks.

479fc9a238ecdbde3a2e1cabd9a216f6.jpg
3dc2f919ad8114d25a41903959e4ca61.jpg

M
montym
I was there around noon a few weeks ago. Power eggs a couple of feet off the bottom worked pretty well for us. This kid watched us for some and came over, said they had not one bite in 3 hours. They were soaking spinners at the end of a Carolina rig. Gave some hooks and eggs, they also got 3 pretty fast. Two elderly gents were fishing close by, getting skunked and edging closer to us all the time. When we packed up they were 15 feet away and when we left they took our exact spot. It was quite funny to watch them do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

P
pinstriper
No luck fishing, but what a beautiful place. I had intended to bring my kayak and troll for Kokanee, but circumstances changed and I ended up bank bound. We were using powerbait, marshmallows, and nightcrawlers off a carolina rig, as well as suspended under a bobber. Nothin'. Just couldn't get to the deep water, or maybe we were in the right place at the wrong time. Lost 7 full rigs to snags.

Ah well, missing out on 8" pellet heads ranks pretty small in the list of fishing failure tragedies.