Detroit Dam how do they net fish?

R
rainbowfisherman
Almost everytime i drive by the dam I usually see people fishing. But theres usually AT least a 20 foot drop off from where the people are fishing on the dam and the water. I drove by recently and it looked like there was like 200 ft between the dam and the water and there was a couple people fishing there one of the times. So if someone does hook a fish there how do they get to it??

-Thanks
Rainbowfisherman

M
Mike123
From what I've seen at Green Peter, you just reel it up to you.. they are just planter rainbows.. as long as you got 4lb test your good to go.

C
chris61182
It looks like most people just reel them straight up. I've lost my fair share when they wriggle and shake themselves free but the fishing on those days has always been good enough it didn't matter.

For the bigger fish I've seen people use crab rings lowered by hand with a couple hundred feet of rope. Otherwise you've got to make the precarious climb down the bank and hope not to lose the fish or your life in the process :D.

R
rainbowfisherman
Thnaks for the replys ive just always wondered how they did it,now i kniw

Thanks

M
Mike123
Usually requires a white 5gal. bucket too.. :lol:

A
autofisher
chris61182 said:
It looks like most people just reel them straight up. I've lost my fair share when they wriggle and shake themselves free but the fishing on those days has always been good enough it didn't matter.

For the bigger fish I've seen people use crab rings lowered by hand with a couple hundred feet of rope. Otherwise you've got to make the precarious climb down the bank and hope not to lose the fish or your life in the process :D.

I've seen it when two guys lost thier limit because the rope came untied. They put a big hook and a big weight on and actually ended up hooking the rope. They got it back up and the line broke when they had it 5 feet from them. They tried a couple more times and finally gave up, losing the fish they had caught.

For the most part, people usually use Powerbait, worms, or shrimp there and a lot of the time, the fish eats everything so they just reel like hell to get them up and over the railing.