Detroit 9-30-11

O
OregonNative
Got the boat motor fixed. Sportsman' Marine in Salem did a fine job. Took it in and they had it back to me the same day. The price was fair too. (I have no affiliation with them except as a satisfied customer).

Anyway, I had to test it out so up to Detroit we went two days later (yesterday). The water was at about 1537', and today it is already at 1535'. Going down like water in a bathtub! They will have to open up the low water ramp very soon.

The sun was out, but it was very windy, so we went up the Divide Creek arm to get out of the wind. Trolling with a worm six inches behind a silver spoon was good right from the first cast so we stuck with it. Cindy and I limited out. Sorry - no pics (I put the charger for the camera someplace where I would remember - Not.:rolleyes:)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to go,getting out there and hooking your limits. :clap: We'll forgive you for no pics...this time. :lol::lol:

troutdude
troutdude
Sounds like a great day to be out fishing. Congrats on the bag limits!

F
fish face
Trolling with a worm six inches behind a silver spoon? How is this done? Thanks.

O
OregonNative
You can by silver spoons (I use the Hammered Silver finish) from a fishing store like Sportsman's Wherehouse. You can just get the spoons (no hook or anything). Also get some split rings large enough to go through the eye on the front end. You could also put a split ring at the rear, but I don't; putting the split ring at the rear would save on line wear. Then I tie or by snelled hooks with a 6 -8 inch leader. The other end goes directly to the spoon. So it goes like this:

Main Line ---snap swivel----split ring---Spoon----6"-8" leader---Hook with Worm.

This is often my go-to rig for trout. Good Fishing :cool:

Reactions: Raincatcher
F
fish face
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will give it a try.