Desperate, successful bank fisherman looking for a spot in a boat!!!!

F

fishonagain

I've been fishing the rivers around Eugene from the bank, for quite some time now, and have stretches of them fairly wired. Landed 20 summer steelhead in Sept/Oct/Nov last fall (check my albums), but am having a ridiculously hard time accessing my spots with all the high water this spring, with much lower catch rates as of late. I do realize it's still early, I'm just sayin.

Would love to score a spot in a boat or driftboat targeting salmon on metalheads on the Willamette, Mckenzie, or Santiam... I'll happily take the oars some, kick for gas, help with the shuttle, strike up a conversation, or sit in silence and slay fish... whatever. Heck, at this point, I'm desperate enough to even GIVE you my fish if I catch any.

I'm a 31 year old middle school teacher in Eugene, have a flexible schedule, and can fish any method, including the fly rod.

Please hit me up, here or at mlewis33@gmail.com, or call me at 858-336-2363

Fingers crossed, and thanks in advance- Michael

troutdude

troutdude

Hey Mike,

I don't have a boat, so can't help there. But, I can relate! I am sure that you won't have any trouble finding fellow OFF'ers who will step up to the boating batters box though!

Good luck, and welcome to our forum.

F

Fishhead69

I hear you there, but I have found that over the years, just fishing tighter to the bank, I have caught springers and steelhead less than 15' in front of me.

J

JeannaJigs

I'm gonna be hitting the willamette and santiam in the next couple of weeks. Just starting a new job at riverbend and don't know my set schedule yet. Its sometimes hard to coordinate with people's schedule and then theres the Corp of engineers to go to war with...but if I have a seat in my boat, and you don't mind sharing a drift boat with myself and a very young puppy, and aren't the creepy serial killer type, you're welcome to do a float with me so long as you bring your own bait and gear

T

Thuggin4Life

If you want to tow my boat we can run a small section of the river here in town from between i 5 and roaring rapids. been know to put out a few steelhead and springers here and there. mostly casting lures but you can drif or use a float if you want. even pick up a few trout here and there. would have to be in the evening and you can't be scared of running a prop in the river or anchoring above rapids.

Attachments

• DSCI2586.jpg
    DSCI2586.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 56
  • camera 003.jpg
    camera 003.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Singh's Steelhead 05-10-2010.jpg
    Singh's Steelhead 05-10-2010.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 51
F

fishonagain

Howzit Jeanna-

We were briefly in touch last year. Assume your pop is all 'growd' up by now, and hopefully's proven to be a good luck charm on your floats. If you're looking for some company on the water, or would be willing to let me tag along for a float down the town run, or for some Springers I'd love to hit it with you. Was just reading your advice to that guy about fishing that salmon hole down by Beltline. Own gear, own bait, as you mentioned, no prob. More than willing to help with the shuttle or ice or food, whatever. Recently married, 32 year old Sheldon High School teacher, so I've been deemed 'legit' by clear finger prints.

At any rate, hope you've been into some fish recently. I've got a couple summers on my tag, but am drooling watching the Springer counts over the falls. They're coming! Hope to hear back from you. If not, tight lines- Michael

Top Bottom