Deschutes River State Recreation Area?

R
redhawk50
Heading over there tomorrow to swing for some fish for the first time. Looking at all the maps and trail guides I see that there are two trail options to walk up the river. One on river left leaving from Heritage Landing or one on river right leaving from the campground. I am fine using using my spey on either side so that is not an issue. Cheers!

Todd

W
waco
good luck man!!!! please let me know how do you do!!! i really want to go there sometime soon!!!! i have heard is a really hard river to fish if you dont know it!!!

kirkster
kirkster
Good luck. Dont forget to post a report

B
bigsteel
have fun over there,,tons of access and great fly water

R
redhawk50
Well good day on the river. Fished a lot of water. Saw a bunch of people fishing, but saw no people catching. I had a snag turn into a whitefish (sucker fish) and that is the only fish I caught. Heard a second hand report of a steelhead being caught but could not confirm it. Wound up spending another 2 hours out there because my battery chose to quit and I had to get AAA to help me out. Good area to fish, but wade carefully as there are some big rocks that like to move under your feet. The trails run down both sides of the river and makes the river easily accessible. Good day o' fishing!