Deschutes National Forest lakes

C
cookshot
I went to the sisters ranger station yesterday to get a map of the mt. Jefferson wilderness and I also asked them if they knew much about fishing any of the lakes. They gave me this packet that has about 150 of the lakes listed as well as what species are in it, how many acres they are, and their coordinates. It doesn't say how good the fishing is, but it says that those are all the lakes that have ever been stocked. I can't find this online anywhere, so I was just letting people who are interested in fishing some of the hike in lakes, there is some good information through the state.

N
nwkiller
nice...good score!!

troutdude
troutdude
Sweet! Just because they haven't been stocked, doesn't mean that there aren't any fish in them.

C
cookshot
I know, its on my to do list to figure all those other ones out too ;)

F
fisherwilly
I will have to go by and get a packet for myself. I have hiked around many of the backcountry lakes with my scout troop when I was younger. Some even had some good size trout cruising the shallows, but I wasn't really into fishing that much then.

C
cookshot
I was planning on hitting a couple up yesterday, but it was a little stormy to be wandering around in the mountains. Today I should have gone, but the forecast said the same thing, instead I went to Prineville and got skunked.

S
sherman
We just got back from camping at North Twin up by Wiki-up. The fishing was slow I saw a few trout caught but no luck on my end. Talked to a guy that said someone released cat fish in the lake & they have taken over. A couple of guys caught a couple of CF's one night & said they were prety good fried up. They didn't stock the lake this year because they plan on poisoning it to kill off the cat fish.

C
cookshot
Hm, thats no good. Thats what they did at antelope flat this year too. What kind of trout are native there?