Depoe Bay today

F
Fishermen Jim
Just got home from doing some bottom fishing out of Depoe Bay on the boat Samson and spending the night at Harbor Lights Inn. My Father-in-Law (just turned 83) and I managed to land our limit on rockfish, 4 of which were sea trout Yum. Others didn't fair so well, but those who also did the crabbing scored limits. I would recommend both if you plan on an trip to Depoe Bay. Harbor Lights Inn is now offering real BBQ food for the summer at least, and well Dockside Charters was wonderful to go through for fishing.

PS. Don't leave your personal fishing poles at home, you always regret the hours spent the evening before rocking in your chair in regrets.

T
Toyracer38
Sounds like a great time! Any pics?

F
Fishermen Jim
Toyracer38 said:
Sounds like a great time! Any pics?

Yes. Trying to upload some :p

0620141308.jpg

F
Fishermen Jim
0620140814.jpg
Pic of my 83 year old Father-in-Law on board

0620140634.jpg

The Charter Boat Sampson

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sounds like a fun, and tasty day! I just assumed the charters provided the equipment...

F
Fishermen Jim
Raincatcher said:
Sounds like a fun, and tasty day! I just assumed the charters provided the equipment...

Yes, the charter did provide equipment on board. What I thought of the night before, seeing we still had several hours of day light, I should of also brought my gear so I could fish from shore that evening. Hate doing that were I convince myself not to take my equipment and then regret it later wishing I had the gear with me :p

E
eugene1
Glad you guys got into some fish. Looks like a good calm day out there.

Best,