deltas

S

specreck

Went fishing with my son today and a friend at the Deltas, managed two really nice fish but mostly saw tons of large carp swimming around. Both fish were pulled in on watermelon green baby brush hogs, these fish were prob around 5 lbs or so...going back tomarrow to try and catch some carp on flies!!

F

Finneus Polebender

Delta ponds in eugene of the delta highway, right smack in town here, great close location for fishies!

Had some fun out there tonight lost a biggin did get 1 small one for photo. still a little slow but the one in the photo picked up the worm on the retrieve so they startin to chase.

F

Finneus Polebender

Went fishing with my son today and a friend at the Deltas, managed two really nice fish but mostly saw tons of large carp swimming around. Both fish were pulled in on watermelon green baby brush hogs, these fish were prob around 5 lbs or so...going back tomarrow to try and catch some carp on flies!!

Got my first hog o the year out there today. I gotta check out those baby brush hogs those were to nice ones you guys got there Ive tried them before but not at delta any advise on how to fish em I am usually floatin a toon.

W

wannaBasser

Deltas???

Deltas???

Hey, nice fish. Were exactly do you go on the delta? I went there, parked at the little place, walked down the dock. It seemed so weedy that I didn't think any fish were there. Can you tell me were to go and were to park? Thanks Much

D

Drice

Gotta say Delta is a hoot

Gotta say Delta is a hoot

I got a chance to meet up with Ol' Finneus himself before I ever made my first post to this forum. I had a stinkin' blast today. Finneus caught most of the fish but it was my first time in a big pond and had it not been for him I would have checked out earlier but man am I glad I didn't. That's me in the back ground of some of his pics

W

wannaBasser

I got a chance to meet up with Ol' Finneus himself before I ever made my first post to this forum. I had a stinkin' blast today. Finneus caught most of the fish but it was my first time in a big pond and had it not been for him I would have checked out earlier but man am I glad I didn't. That's me in the back ground of some of his pics
I need a mentor. How and where did you put in. Where did you park. I'm just lost.

D

Drice

I parked in the parking lot of the park they made on Goodpasture Island rd and packed my pontoon down and just hopped ponds when I came to the end of one.

W

wannaBasser

I parked in the parking lot of the park they made on Goodpasture Island rd and packed my pontoon down and just hopped ponds when I came to the end of one.

Oh okay. Thank you Sir. I thought I was missing something. Can you walk over to the big pond from the park?

D

Drice

Its the blind leading the blind. Today was my first time out there

W

wannaBasser

Its the blind leading the blind. Today was my first time out there
Well. I think it helped. I have been driving to Takenitch, Ten Mile, Fall Creek etc. just to catch 1 or 2 fish. Never tried anything close. Im excited.

D

Drice

I will probably be out there again tomorrow if the wife doesn't protest too much. I am also excited about a hole close to home. I hear fern ridge has some pigs in it but not sure where to start on that big ole body of water. There's a lot of weeds out there at delta so be prepared for that but the fish are there.

F

Finneus Polebender

Oh okay. Thank you Sir. I thought I was missing something. Can you walk over to the big pond from the park?

if you are coming from valley river its the first pull off on the right after the car lots followthe trail past the wood dock you spoke of.the trail will swing to left and cut through downed tree. water on right is big pond on west side of delta hwy, water on left is side pond connected to the other big pond that runs between goodpasture lp and the front pond. Oh and those weeds thats kinda where they live

H

Hawk

them shurely are som Reel Beauties Brothers...........................:lol::lol::lol:..................................:cool::cool::cool:.........................................:clap::clap::clap:

H

Hawk

Got my first hog o the year out there today. I gotta check out those baby brush hogs those were to nice ones you guys got there Ive tried them before but not at delta any advise on how to fish em I am usually floatin a toon.

now that is one Beautiful Lunker Bro.................................:lol::lol::lol:.....................................:cool::cool::cool:...........................................:clap::clap::clap:

S

specreck

I think the best place to park is where everyone else is saying on goodpasture rd across from boulder apartments there is a parking lot that hold about 10 cars or so. There is a side walk that takes you right to the water. There is a lots of bank access on the big pond and you do have to watch out for poison ivy/oak. Right now is a good time to be out there some of the fish are just moving up and making beds, others are in spawn. Looking at some of your guy's pics it looks like some of the fish are nice and fat, some are beat up and others look like they haven't been touched yet. The fish I caught didn't seem to have any red on it's fins nor was it fat and full of eggs...then again there were two fish where I caught this one and I prob caught the male defending the bed. When I catch a fish like that I try and take a pic and get the fish in the water as soon as I can so he can go back to protecting next years catch!
There is a lot of water to target with lots of grass, I would concentrate on bushes and trees overhanging the water and fish those nooks, or pockets of exposed grass with underlying rock exposed. The pond next to the big ponds that sits along delta highways seems to be a little deeper and has less grass, lots of bass cover too.

F

Finneus Polebender

I think the best place to park is where everyone else is saying on goodpasture rd across from boulder apartments there is a parking lot that hold about 10 cars or so. There is a side walk that takes you right to the water. There is a lots of bank access on the big pond and you do have to watch out for poison ivy/oak. Right now is a good time to be out there some of the fish are just moving up and making beds, others are in spawn. Looking at some of your guy's pics it looks like some of the fish are nice and fat, some are beat up and others look like they haven't been touched yet. The fish I caught didn't seem to have any red on it's fins nor was it fat and full of eggs...then again there were two fish where I caught this one and I prob caught the male defending the bed. When I catch a fish like that I try and take a pic and get the fish in the water as soon as I can so he can go back to protecting next years catch!
There is a lot of water to target with lots of grass, I would concentrate on bushes and trees overhanging the water and fish those nooks, or pockets of exposed grass with underlying rock exposed. The pond next to the big ponds that sits along delta highways seems to be a little deeper and has less grass, lots of bass cover too.

Seein the same no red or true indication of spawn size is goin up as things warm. Have had some talon marked ones but most appear fat and happy. Your on the bank but I thinkit is good for boat dudes to understand the importance of tryin to release fish as close as possible to the catch sight for the same reason you gave keep up the good work fellas fish on

Top Bottom