Delta tomorrow

F
Finneus Polebender
Riverfisher is on board 2 seats left not sure which launch yet will let ya know later tonight anybody want to come get some?

D
Drice
What pond you hittin? I might head out there at some point.

F
Finneus Polebender
Gonna start out on the back loop just down from the usual pull out fish the back for a bit then head out to the front will be hittin her at dawn had to figure that one out time change and all should be around 7am

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Have decided way cold gonna launch at 9am instead try and spend more time on warm up period. Will check back to see if anyone is interested before we leave. Well 9 and just gettin ready its warmin should be out there by 10 will let ya know how it go. Still a couple seats if ya find the back loop by 10:30 or so. Well no luck today got windy early will keep after em good luck too all .

Last edited:
F
fishwinch
I am new to this site and new to Oregon in the last year or so. Are you all talking about the Delta Ponds in Eugene? Can you fit a boat on those?

F
Finneus Polebender
fishwinch said:
I am new to this site and new to Oregon in the last year or so. Are you all talking about the Delta Ponds in Eugene? Can you fit a boat on those?

Yes and Yes if you can launch without a ramp "Trail access", and need shallow draft to get to all the areas available "pond hop" to the ones with no direct access. buddys use a 12ft Jon boat all the time

F
Finneus Polebender
Delta Minyana will have some xtra seats . Plan on dawn hope this recent temp spike might kick sumthin loose, willl check back later.

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Delta Minyana will have some xtra seats . Plan on dawn hope this recent temp spike might kick sumthin loose, willl check back later.

I wish I could go but I have things I need to do tomorrow. Good luck to you guys!

F
Finneus Polebender
Well little after 6 not super cold ,clear, loadin up to head out . Guess I am crazy but I got a feeling work will try to get in my way so gonna hit it every chance I get ,good luck to all will let ya know how it goes .

H
Hawk
Finneus Polebender said:
Well little after 6 not super cold ,clear, loadin up to head out . Guess I am crazy but I got a feeling work will try to get in my way so gonna hit it every chance I get ,good luck to all will let ya know how it goes .

Have a Beautiful Day Bro.

Catch you som bigg'un Lunkers...

:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

F
Finneus Polebender
Had a beautiful crisp mornin saw all kinds of carp movin in the back pond "good sign". No takers however did manage to spook 2 very nice LM sunbathers only to watch them shoot off into the distance , heck of a wake .Ran into a couple of friends said they got into a few fri evenin right before dark bite turned on. Will be back out this afternoon/ eve as long as the wind cooperates ,thinkin another nice day might give that eve bite again.Probably shoot for 4-5 pm put in a couple more hours.

F
Finneus Polebender
Originally Posted by Bass Ackwards
Shoot, I remember last year you had a post like every day with more bass you had caught.. The thread was like 20 pages long. Good luck tomorrow. I think i'm goin out saturday. It's supposed to be like 65 degreesIts early ,all about getting past the first one. maybe the slow start will reward my persiverance with a large polebender for my first photo op of the year . Always the optimist ya know. Sat would be good too am hoping to do the lookout think if things work out .So will prob miss sat mornin , should be able to pull a double and hit delta or some where close to home sat eve for the late bite
Hes gone fishin again,The man is a habitual linecaster!
Well not the biggest one I ever caught but whew was beginin to wonder if Id ever get the skunk off, might be a bit psychic though she was quite a pole bender busted the drag on my new pfluger reel she was smooth as a babys behind felt all the action from the first little tick till she bent over good. Luv the new lamiglass rod too Riverfisher did a great job helpin my lovely wife pick it out for me! they are still slow but they are hittin good missed two other biters . Will be out after it tommorrow ,my season has officially started thank you mr sunshine.

T
TTFishon
Well it's about time! lol I guess I'll have to get up early and go tomorrow. BTW nice fish!

B
Bass Ackwards
finneus polebender said:
originally posted by bass ackwards
shoot, i remember last year you had a post like every day with more bass you had caught.. The thread was like 20 pages long. Good luck tomorrow. I think i'm goin out saturday. It's supposed to be like 65 degreesits early ,all about getting past the first one. Maybe the slow start will reward my persiverance with a large polebender for my first photo op of the year . Always the optimist ya know. Sat would be good too am hoping to do the lookout think if things work out .so will prob miss sat mornin , should be able to pull a double and hit delta or some where close to home sat eve for the late bite
hes gone fishin again,the man is a habitual linecaster!
Well not the biggest one i ever caught but whew was beginin to wonder if id ever get the skunk off, might be a bit psychic though she was quite a pole bender busted the drag on my new pfluger reel she was smooth as a babys behind felt all the action from the first little tick till she bent over good. Luv the new lamiglass rod too riverfisher did a great job helpin my lovely wife pick it out for me! They are still slow but they are hittin good missed two other biters . Will be out after it tommorrow ,my season has officially started thank you mr sunshine.

sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!! Nice fish

F
Finneus Polebender
Out at Delta tonight for a couple hours of getting blown all over the place would have been awesome without the wind . managed to miss both bites I worked for but the wind made things tough! Did see 3 kids plunkin the banks 1 of them caught about a 2lber Kinda sad though first fish Ive seen kept there in a while. Talked to them a little told them though there are no rules against keepin them, but #1. the place is an old strip mine# 2. people have dumped God knows what into them #3. If you like to catch the bass at delta you probably should leave them especially the larger females. He said he would eat the fish I told him no problem just wanted to give them a little food for thought to take home with their catch they were very respectful , however you clowns left your trash when ya split not cool . Gave me another sad feelin that they may not have heard a word i said . Other than that note hope tomorrow is not so windy good luck all ,fish on

N
new boater
anyone fishing delta ponds tomorrow?
looking for someone to teach me the ropes there :pray:
tried a few times with no luck yet

F
Finneus Polebender
new boater said:
anyone fishing delta ponds tomorrow?
looking for someone to teach me the ropes there :pray:
tried a few times with no luck yet

what kinda boat you got ? not hittin delta doin some other spots . could give ya some help on what ta do pm me for more info