Delta Ponds

O

oregonkayakangler

Anyone fish for bass here? I know that it is almost all dry right now...not sure if it is from the construction or river level.

I have been wanting to kayak fish out there for bass and was wondering if it is worth the time...as well as a good place to launch from.

F

Finneus Polebender

Use to be great still fish there all the work has disrupted the eco system big time ! so much change could not really tell ya where to launch, but with all the work they have basically opened the whole place up ! May want to get it while you can have heard rumors of a total shut down of fishing there ! my sons were there about 3 weeks ago did good one day then nadda the second trip. Pretty sure they will do their best to ruin a great bass fishery ,theyve got off to a good start so far by eliminating most of the good shore cover . Guess I got lucky and found my private digs just in time.

O

oregonkayakangler

I figured it may not be worth it due to all the construction, water level, and...all that noise!

F

Finneus Polebender

Good luck to ya there are fish at delta the one good trip the boys caught 5 over 3lbs , second trip they caught about a half dozen all 2lbs and under. The bass bite has really slowed but still gettin a few here and there. Think the best fishin has been the later afternoons and into evening on the warmer days , seems like the mornin bite has been almost non existent for the last couple weeks!

Top Bottom