Delta Ponds report?

T
Texas Basser
Anyone fished Delta Ponds recently? :think:

T
TTFishon
No, but I drove by there friday and the water on both sides of the highway looked good.

F
Finneus Polebender
Texas Basser said:
Anyone fished Delta Ponds recently? :think:

Not for over a year , with the opening of it to the willamette as long as the river is high the water there is also a raging brown torent. Would imagine that many bass have hunkered down to avoid being flushed into the river , but with that kind of influx the water temp there will be with in a deg or two of the river itself . The biologists and enviornmentalists claim they never intended to get rid of the bass , however every change made can only bring a negative impact to the bass fishery there in my opinion. I have not seen one bass posted from that water this year yet ! This may just lead to a later pre spawn and spawn cycle once the river comes down if they have not been completely flushed out into the willy. Please get us a report if ya try it, kind of a sore spot for me as it was one of my favorite haunts for years good luck FP.

T
Texas Basser
Thanks for the info. I was planning to fish delta ponds next weekend buy may now head to Creswell.... Either way Ill post a report.

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Texas Basser said:
Thanks for the info. I was planning to fish delta ponds next weekend buy may now head to Creswell.... Either way Ill post a report.

Creswell is a better bet prob right now there are some lunkers in there .

T
Texas Basser
Just to make sure the Creswell pond is the same as garden lake on Google satellite.?.?

F
Finneus Polebender
Its the one on the east side of I-5 in creswell that might be the actual name though. They stock that one with trout makes for some big bass ,dont know if the weeds are up yet or not if they are down Id think about puttin in some time with a trout swimbait for a shot at a lunker thread model ditch pickle.

T
the_intimidator03
garden lake IS another name for creswell pond just to let you know :) I saw the weeds yesterday... they came up to the water surface recently.

F
Finneus Polebender
the_intimidator03 said:
garden lake IS another name for creswell pond just to let you know :) I saw the weeds yesterday... they came up to the water surface recently.

Just gotta bust out the weedless trout swim baits:D:D

T
the_intimidator03
if yall would like I could go take some water temps out there in the next couple days at Creswell Pond

T
Texas Basser
Water temp would be great! Do the weeds at Creswell make bank fishing tough?

T
the_intimidator03
they make any kind of fishin tough LOL its few and far between when you find a hole in the weeds from the bank. All ive got is a float tube and it doesn't even look good for that. I should be able to get out there in the next day or two when i get my check in the mail and get the temp for you

F
Finneus Polebender
Texas Basser said:
Water temp would be great! Do the weeds at Creswell make bank fishing tough?

Yep need ta fish that one from the inside out , water temps are always good , may have to hit that place up myself as the weather warms this week.

P
PapaMichael
Fished both sides of Good Pasuture Island Rd's new "tube" today during lunch. Had two LITTLE fish bite my lures, but were too small to have been hooked and fell off before I could see what they were.
Water is SUPER LOW.

I try and fish there everyday for lunch. I'll let you know how it's going.

Peace

F
Finneus Polebender
Right on nice to have a ongoing report , will eventually head back just to assess the damages ,hope I am wrong the place was always great.

P
PapaMichael
Went today from 2-5 pm. Forgot to take temps. Fished Willamette connector to Delta ponds and about 1/4 mile on both sides. Two little trout. Water is SUPER LOW. Gonna fish the dam/spillway thing under the bike path with the twin culverts. Let you know how it goes.

J
JeannaJigs
I walked the bike path on Monday or Tuesday can't remember which now, and saw a younger guy pull a huge lm out of there. Looked to be an 8 pound or thereabouts hen. Sadly he had it and several others on a stringer. They were fishing with top water lures from what I saw. Near the inlet area where the path is.

F
Finneus Polebender
JeannaJigs said:
I walked the bike path on Monday or Tuesday can't remember which now, and saw a younger guy pull a huge lm out of there. Looked to be an 8 pound or thereabouts hen. Sadly he had it and several others on a stringer. They were fishing with top water lures from what I saw. Near the inlet area where the path is.

Unfortunate that the first reports are that of a large female being taken , If only they knew with the all the stuff they already have against them there that this is the quick way to ruin a good bass fishery. They wont figure it out till a few years from now when they are sayin man that place use to be so good now it sucks.

T
Texas Basser
Finneus Polebender said:
Unfortunate that the first reports are that of a large female being taken , If only they knew with the all the stuff they already have against them there that this is the quick way to ruin a good bass fishery. They wont figure it out till a few years from now when they are sayin man that place use to be so good now it sucks.

Well said!

S
SwimbaitBassin
Fished from 4ish to around 7 and had 3 total fish on landed one 5-14 off a bed in 2ft of water the other two were around the 2lb size both i believe males off of beds!