Delta Ponds, Eugene

B
Bassman233
I was just wondering if there are still any bass in the delta ponds over by valley river center in eugene, I used fish them a long time ago and recently moved back in the area...was going to check them out. I have been told they did a lot of trail making there, and sorta made a nature park out of it.
thinking fishing pressure is pretty high now.

Any feed back would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
F
Finneus Polebender
Have been wanting to get out there and see if the bass are still there ,water levels are super low now and almost all water is bank accessable which well is probably not very good for them. Imagine ther are still bass around though.

B
B.W.SINNER
They closed off a big section of the trails and I haven't caught anything there since they changed it and just keep in mind if you do try it there its barbless hooks only

Troutski
Troutski
Sometimes change is just awful, I can remember those ponds holding some of my personal records. I drive by it each day on the way home from work, it will never be the same sorry to say.
There are still some very nice bucket mouths at the Green and White ponds off 52nd street off I-105, very nice fishing indeed.

Chuck

B
Bassman233
Yes, I know what you mean....my very first bass was caught in the delta ponds, good memories. I fish the ballenger pond (green and white) pond a lot, the fishing used to be really good, but not so much since they dumped the dirt from the construction at I-105 and main street into it. Killed a lot of the big fish I think. I have only caught 2 bass out of there worth mentioning in the last 3 years. It has a lot of small bass and lots of catfish and bluegill, great for the kids, but the back and middle pond are off limits, so the front is the only one accessible. Up until recently you could fish on the ballenger side of the pond, but Jim recently posted no trespassing signs and gated it off.

Good fishing Y'all

Troutski
Troutski
Bassman233 said:
Yes, I know what you mean....my very first bass was caught in the delta ponds, good memories. I fish the ballenger pond (green and white) pond a lot, the fishing used to be really good, but not so much since they dumped the dirt from the construction at I-105 and main street into it. Killed a lot of the big fish I think. I have only caught 2 bass out of there worth mentioning in the last 3 years. It has a lot of small bass and lots of catfish and bluegill, great for the kids, but the back and middle pond are off limits, so the front is the only one accessible. Up until recently you could fish on the ballenger side of the pond, but Jim recently posted no trespassing signs and gated it off.

Good fishing Y'all

Progress, sometimes it tastes like *&%^ other times its like a fine wine, just depends which side of the equation you are on....

Chuck

M
Mark Lopez
I know its a old thread but I was thinking about fishing these ponds also fished there a long time ago used to be great bass fishing. Anyone fished there recently?

Troutski
Troutski
Wow, now that's a blast from the past.. haven't been there for a very long time.. you are correct in a great Bass pond. I hear they started a Trout rearing area near the inflow. Give it a try and let us know how you do, we really like pictures..
tight lines

Chuck