delta ponds continue to impress

F
Finneus Polebender
Had a great mornin again today still hit water late about 9am. We spanked them hard for about an hour. put three in the boat and had several missed oppertunities. moved on had a few missed bites and boated 1 last fish pulled out around 12:30 pm. Good day off. except for the no money part I would like to enjoy more week day mornins like today. Will put pics in an album 4 you.

Reactions: FishFinger
B
Bass Ackwards
Sweeeeet!!!!

Sweeeeet!!!!

Nice fish. I am dyin to get into some bass. What were u guys using if u dont mind me askin and where are the delta ponds located.

F
Finneus Polebender
What to use

What to use

All fish today were caught on a rubber worm they are real close to the bank and still a bit slow. The ol cast and let sink for 10 to 15 sec then very slow retrieve seemed to do the trick

F
Finneus Polebender
oops where they are?

oops where they are?

between the Valley river center and the goodpasture bridge with access off of goodpasure island loop . Lots of interconnected ponds like the largest 2 but all hold nice fish

B
Bass Ackwards
thanx a lot im definitely going to check them out

S
SDK
I think I saw you guys this morning on my way to drop the kid off at daycare. Two guys fishing in a blue boat the size of a big bathtub, correct?

I was on the way to work and seriously jealous :D

F
Finneus Polebender
Blue bath tub

Blue bath tub

Yep that would have been us will be goin back tomorrow mornin too gotta stay after it while its good should have one more day of good weather

F
FishFinger
Looks like you all had a great day on the water. Its been a long winter... finally things are "heating" up!

J
Johnny Southpaw
Finneus Polebender said:
Had a great mornin again today still hit water late about 9am. We spanked them hard for about an hour. put three in the boat and had several missed oppertunities. moved on had a few missed bites and boated 1 last fish pulled out around 12:30 pm. Good day off. except for the no money part I would like to enjoy more week day mornins like today. Will put pics in an album 4 you.

Nice Fish!:clap::clap::clap::clap: What's the largest fish you've pulled out of those ponds?

Reactions: FishFinger
D
Dichrofisher
:clap::clap::clap:Nice job guys! I will join you soon...

R
RIVERFISHER
decided to go to delta manana if anyone wants to join

kidholiday
kidholiday
Where are these ponds?

F
Finneus Polebender
delta top size?

delta top size?

Largest fish I have witnessed was 7.5 lbs. My P.B. there is 5 lb. the cool thing about delta is although the fishing is seldom super hot the fish you do catch are 2lb belly draggers and up. we have all been busted off by large fish in several areas of these ponds think maybe up to 10 lb in there hidin. I am gettin ready to go visit them now good luck to all of yas

F
Finneus Polebender
RIVERFISHER said:
decided to go to delta manana if anyone wants to join

yo call yo daddy

F
Finneus Polebender
bites off a little

bites off a little

Got three hours in this Mornin only got one to show for a photo opp. Pulled out a little after 10 am got kinda windy. put pic in my albums under 4-11-09

R
RIVERFISHER
Finneus Polebender said:
Got three hours in this Mornin only got one to show for a photo opp. Pulled out a little after 10 am got kinda windy. put pic in my albums under 4-11-09

i think they know how to spit my hooks....couldnt keepmine on dandit....and damn wind ruined it for me.. i was feelin it up front there....

F
Finneus Polebender
RIVERFISHER said:
i think they know how to spit my hooks....couldnt keepmine on dandit....and damn wind ruined it for me.. i was feelin it up front there....

No doubt maybe a change of venue could help. I sure can't complain, i managed to put sumthin on the camera three days straight this early in the year Im feelin pretty lucky. We did have to work today though.Might be time to see if the trouty treats they threw in creswell maybe stirrin sumthin sumthin You tried once this year already any luck that way

F
Finneus Polebender
Outshined

Outshined

Johnny Southpaw said:
Nice Fish!:clap::clap::clap::clap: What's the largest fish you've pulled out of those ponds?

speakin of nice what was the aprox wt. on that bohemouth you drilled in that "private pond" thats one nice lookin specimen. Finneus salutes

F
Finneus Polebender
yes indeed

yes indeed

FishFinger said:
Looks like you all had a great day on the water. Its been a long winter... finally things are "heating" up!

Hard to have a bad one but yes the gods smiled upon us . More heat please

J
Johnny Southpaw
Finneus Polebender said:
speakin of nice what was the aprox wt. on that bohemouth you drilled in that "private pond" thats one nice lookin specimen. Finneus salutes

'Big Momma' was somewhere between 8-10 lbs., she came last spring and my most recent 'Bass for Breakfast' fish came last weekend and was 5.5 lbs. It's a great little pond!:D:D:D:D:D