Dehumidifiers

O

osmosis

Evidentally if he needs a dehumidifier :D lol

LG makes a really good one that I use in a basement to keep all the boxes of books and files mold free. 2+ years and still running strong. That thing can pull over a gallon of water out of the air in that basement every day when it gets real wet out.

F

fishkiller

Just a question, I wasn't sure if he had a mold problem or a fowl smell. Trying to diagnose the problem.

T

TTFishon

Yeah, for some reason this year it's been bad. There's always condensation on the windows and the walls are tacky feeling.

T

TTFishon

Evidentally if he needs a dehumidifier :D lol

LG makes a really good one that I use in a basement to keep all the boxes of books and files mold free. 2+ years and still running strong. That thing can pull over a gallon of water out of the air in that basement every day when it gets real wet out.

Did you notice a change on your electric bill?

O

osmosis

Nope, It couldnt be more than 400watts or something. I don't think I ever looked at how much it draws, but the power bill is still cheap.
It's about 2.5ft tall by 1ftx1ft or maybe 1.5ft. I don't have the model name or # but I do remember it's an LG.

T

TTFishon

Nope, It couldnt be more than 400watts or something. I don't think I ever looked at how much it draws, but the power bill is still cheap.
It's about 2.5ft tall by 1ftx1ft or maybe 1.5ft. I don't have the model name or # but I do remember it's an LG.

How about the noise level? Would you use it in your living room too if you had to?

F

fishkiller

Do you have single or double pain windows? Is your dryer in the house? Is your fart fan plugged? Is the range hood venting properly?

T

TTFishon

Do you have single or double pain windows? Is your dryer in the house? Is your fart fan plugged? Is the range hood venting properly?

We have double pane windows. Yes our dryer is in the house. The fan in the bathroom works and we don't have a range hood.

F

fishkiller

Is the dryer vent plugged or unhooked? The reason I ask is sometimes that can add excess moisture into your home.

Last edited:
Top Bottom