Deeper Trolling???

A
aceman81
Does anyone on here have any advice for deeper trolling?

I can't really aford downriggers at this time, and I am looking for an alternative to
get my line at a descent depth. I usually troll with Ford Fenders, and some weight with a good spinner, however, my line never really seems to get deep enough.

I am open to suggestions.

Much appreciated ;-)

Troutski
Troutski
Good day to you, there is a thing called a Dippsy Diver (sp), they do work very well after a small learning curve. Most sporting goods stores and dept's stores carry them, a ton more affordable than a down rigger.
Tight lines..

Chuck

C
capblack
2 words of advice from one person trying to troll deeper to another. first, i just bought 2 used big john downriggers from ebay for only 50 for the pair, and second, theres a diver called the fish seeker, that has several settings that supposedly makes it go from 5 to 85 ft depending on the setting and the amount of line let out. plus it trips and surfaces when you get a fish. havent tried it yet, but its just a thought. good luck, Brian

T
the_intimidator03
troutdude said:
You can also use a heavier test monofilament line or lead core line too.

That seems to go against everything I have known. Reason behind it is thicker line needs more weight to go down further, it has more water resistance than thinner line. so am i missing something here? Just thought I would ask

A
aceman81
Thanks all for all your suggestions! I am excited to get my boat out on the lake and try some of these techniques. I think I will hit up Timothy lake this weekend and bring in some Koke's for a nice snack.

Much appreciated :)

J
JimBob
Im a fan of the Dipsy Divers.