Decent sized snake

NKlamerus

Most Featured
Largest of the 5 I've seen in Oregon far. Thinking gopher snake?

No fish today, fished all the access points along the Mill Creek bike patch in Springfield (Dorris Ranch as well)

Last edited by a moderator:

troutdude

It's a rattler!!! RUN!!! <kidding> (although there are few select locations in Oregon, with Timber Rattlers)

hobster

@troutdude we saw some rattlers at Deschutes park at the mouth of the river. Pic reminds me of a black snake my wife accidentally ran over in VA many years ago, musta been 6 ft, biggest I ever saw

sambone

I found a small rattlesnake in my backyard in eugene in 2007 , couldnt believe it.. Only one ive ever seen in oregon.

Raincatcher

It's a rattler!!! RUN!!! <kidding> (although there are few select locations in Oregon, with Timber Rattlers)
No "Timber Rattlers" to be found in Oregon.
There are 15 native snake species in Oregon. Of these, only the Western Rattlesnakehas poisonous venom that is dangerous to humans. There are four species of garter snakes. They inhabit a variety of habitats, including suburban areas.

4labs

Really like gopher snakes and try to move them if on our road.
Saw a green rattler once hiking on the Rubicon trail and saw a rattler that was at least 6ft hanging off post in the American River Canyon above Auburn Ca that someone shot.
Redding Ca had a 7Ft rattler that was killed last yr in the news
Yrs ago I was on a fright train going south(west) out of Dunsmuir when the engineer said there was a tire in the middle of the tracks. Tires bouncing under a fright train is not good especially when it weighs 11000 tons, as we got closer it moved and struck at the engine. Easily was 6ft.

C_Run

We used to call the ones in the Siskiyous "timber rattlers". They were small but probably just a type of Western Rattlesnake. I saw a few when I was a kid.

Top Bottom