F
FishWenKan
Shimano cennan reg$219 sale$99
Berkley im8 reg$84 sale$64
Lamiglass g-200 reg$89 sale$69
Lamiglass classic reg$89
Sale$58
Okuma Celilo reg$54 sale$39
I'm looking for a good first ever salmon/steelhead drift rod and I was leaning towards the shimano cennan because it comes with an over the counter lifetime warrenty but ify as to y its over 50% off? So any input would be muchly appreciated!!!

Last edited:
F
FishWenKan
by the way

by the way

The sale is at fishermans if any one was wonderen

A
ArcticAmoeba
Get the Cennan. That is coming from someone who has probably put over 100 fish on it since he got it for Winters early last month. He has the 9'6" 4-8lb. test version. The blank transmits energy surprisingly well, and for 100 bucks you will be very happy. The Celilo is also a very good choice, great quality blank, and pretty light guides. I have one, and absolutely destroyed fish on it before grenading it completely. But for shipping I am getting a new rod, even after telling them how I abused it. Great for sidedrifting especially. The 9'6" 6-12 was well put together for an economical drift machine. The Cennan is the best deal on a very high end rod. I hate to say it, but Shimano did an outstanding job on this one. And the Celilo is fantastic for a more economical choice. Would make a great float rod in the 10+ version, and for a "backup" or "secondary" presentation rod, it is the best you will get for 40 bones. They also have reels on sale, Revo STX casters for 150 and the new Shimano spinning units have a chamfered leading edge on the spool, making casting ease that much better. The line screams off those things now. Well thought out, deadly simple modification, that really made a noticeable difference. The sales are where its at if you pay full retail on a regular basis for gear.

F
FishWenKan
Great thanx for the nudge u think the 10' 6-12 would be better than the 9'6 4-8 as a first drift rod? Thanx again!!!

18406ej
18406ej
I have nothing but good things to say about the Shimano line. I have owned two of the Clarus rods, and have two spinning reels (symetre and stradic), and they have performed wonderfully with a lifetime warranty.

Top Bottom