Dead blob

S
Stonefish
Hope it is OK to post this link.
Cliff Mass is a University of Washington professor who writes a very interesting blog regarding NW weather.
His latest posting is about the warm water blob that has been sitting off the coast and effecting our fisheries.

Enjoy,
SF

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
yep, blob got wiped out, unfortunately El Nino still at record strength...

S
sapo
Cliff Mass is brilliant, I read his blog all the time. Also Mark Nelsen does the Fox 12 weather blog which I am a member of, it's good.

Rogerdoger what's the problem with an El Nino? Lol we haven't been seeing much besides much-needed rain and we've already had a cold snap of a winter, people exaggerate El Nino's way to much. And they're natural, there's nothing "wrong" with them...

T
TimberTodd
sapo said:
Cliff Mass is brilliant, I read his blog all the time. Also Mark Nelsen does the Fox 12 weather blog which I am a member of, it's good.

Rogerdoger what's the problem with an El Nino? Lol we haven't been seeing much besides much-needed rain and we've already had a cold snap of a winter, people exaggerate El Nino's way to much. And they're natural, there's nothing "wrong" with them...

Tell that to the people who have major property damage from the flooding. Yes we need the rain but not all at once.

S
sapo
We can get storms just as large with La Nina winters..

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
sapo said:

El Nino is not a problem, even less so if we had better buffer zones along creeks and streams. Record strength El Nino not such a good thing, especially if it is related to 2015 being the hottest year on record...and remembering that we are still suffering through a massive toxic algae bloom OFF the coast...

S
sapo
Yeah, true lol I just hear everyone complaining about the El Nino being some tragic event..lol, and it's not even making our winter warmer like a bunch of people think, had a cold snap on Thanksgiving and we'll probably have another one from the 25th-27th.

troutdude
troutdude
Lol

C_Run
C_Run
I know all the words (sadly).