Dead blob

S
Stonefish
Hope it is OK to post this link.
Cliff Mass is a University of Washington professor who writes a very interesting blog regarding NW weather.
His latest posting is about the warm water blob that has been sitting off the coast and effecting our fisheries.

Enjoy,
SF

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
rogerdodger
yep, blob got wiped out, unfortunately El Nino still at record strength...

S
sapo
Cliff Mass is brilliant, I read his blog all the time. Also Mark Nelsen does the Fox 12 weather blog which I am a member of, it's good.

Rogerdoger what's the problem with an El Nino? Lol we haven't been seeing much besides much-needed rain and we've already had a cold snap of a winter, people exaggerate El Nino's way to much. And they're natural, there's nothing "wrong" with them...

T
TimberTodd

Tell that to the people who have major property damage from the flooding. Yes we need the rain but not all at once.

S
sapo
We can get storms just as large with La Nina winters..

rogerdodger

El Nino is not a problem, even less so if we had better buffer zones along creeks and streams. Record strength El Nino not such a good thing, especially if it is related to 2015 being the hottest year on record...and remembering that we are still suffering through a massive toxic algae bloom OFF the coast...

S
sapo
Yeah, true lol I just hear everyone complaining about the El Nino being some tragic event..lol, and it's not even making our winter warmer like a bunch of people think, had a cold snap on Thanksgiving and we'll probably have another one from the 25th-27th.

troutdude
Lol

C_Run
I know all the words (sadly).