Dayton boat launch to Yamhill locks

ooth23
ooth23
Looking to take the wife out on the canoe and spend a few hours on the water celebrating 10 years of marriage near the end of August. Wondering if anyone knows the millage from Dayton Boat Launch to the Locks and how long it might take round trip via canoe if anyone has made that trip?

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
It's just a little over 2 miles from Dayton launch to Yamhill Locks. Water is very slow, and if you paddle a steady 2 mph you could easily do it in 2 hours or so.

F
fishtales
Just make sure you are going up stream (north) from Dayton and you will be fine. Down stream is the Willamette.

• Wow
Reactions: Cooper
ooth23
ooth23
Fished the locks from my canoe today took my 11 year old daughter. In about 3 hrs landed 5 shown was the biggest smallie. Odly it was an accident I was showing my daughter how to set a hook after she just lost one I jerked and BAM there it was. 14 inches was actually pretty fat prolly 1.5 pnds

• 83B598F7-9880-4284-B609-954E3181C29B.jpeg
Reactions: Admin
bass
bass
That is awesome and funny. I have never fished that river. I think about it every year but I have never made it down there. Thanks for the report!

Also, for anyone who is interested, I measured the distances using Google Maps and it looks like it is 2.5miles from Dayton to Yamhill locks and 4.8 miles from Dayton to the Willamette.

Last edited:
Reactions: ooth23