Lakes Davis Lake Fishing Reports

Troutski

Troutski

Well we made it home in one piece and fish-less, well Bass anyway. The wind was relentless, every time you figured out what direction the wind had settled on it would change.....so frustrating to try and cast into the wind....I just started trolling a egg sucking leach pattern and explored the lake, pretty lake and very unusual in it make up and water. The water temp was 63 degrees the first day and the fish were eating a emerger I tried to match it but there were just to many real ones around to interest any fish. Finely I managed to hook and bring into the boat for an early release. A few more hits but no fish, tough lake to fish when your used to trolling a gold spoon. Fly angling is one form I will make it a priority to learn.

The water clarity was low due to the high winds and grass and weeds floating every where, Mokai will attest to the floating debris, it gave his pump fits all weekend long. Dicroic made it up for the two day BASH and had his madden voyage with his new Magic Carpet. Great trip and lots of memory's... Now I have to rest up for the First of June, the annual Crane trip, a week of Central Oregon Fishing...!!!!
Here are a few shoots of the trip..

Chuck

Attachments

• davis-lake.jpg
    davis-lake.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 12
  • davis-lake2.jpg
    davis-lake2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 13
  • davis-lake3.jpg
    davis-lake3.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 13
WaveCrawler

WaveCrawler

Davis lake report?​

Hey guys,

I am contemplating a trip to Davis lake in about a week or two. Was wondering if the water was still warm enough for the large mouth and if there are any issues with low water due to drought? I lived in Bend for 12 yrs and know the lake fairly well just need current conditions.
Thanx!

P.S. I know it's off topic but any word yet on the central Oregon fall mushrooms yet?

W

wils

wickiup is empty. i dont imagine that davis is anything more than the original creek right now.

WaveCrawler

WaveCrawler

Wow! Empty? Has it been that way all year or just mor recently?