Dang thieves again

F

fishnquest

That was shocking to see; and it sucks for sure. It was even more shocking seeing a guy take a shot at it! I 'm surprised they left that in there.

B

bigdog

That was shocking to see; and it sucks for sure. It was even more shocking seeing a guy take a shot at it! I 'm surprised they left that in there.

You'll have to look closer at that he wasn't taking a shot at it his line and all was still in the fish and net and that was his rod in his hand think he was trying to not loose the rod like they did the net :lol:

B

bigdog

:lol: I don't know for sure what I would do if that happened to me. That's some crazy stuff right there.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Poachers!!

Poachers!!

Holy cow bells!! :shock: And the seal lovers wonder why we hate them?! Seems only fair to me that if they can poach our catch,we should be able to poach them...in a size 999 skillet. :protest: :lol: :tongue:

X

xltom

That really must have sucked but I must say, it's all in the game. Same thing happens with sharks and gators. I even had a beautifull stringer destroyed by a huge snapping turtle once.

Salmon make up less than 5% of a sea lion's diet. They are just too fast to catch in open water. Problems occur mostly at fishladders(see herschal and friends). This sea lion has unfortunately learned a new trick and will now probably shadow fishing boats waiting for the chance to strike again. Good thing sharks aren't that smart.

Last edited:
Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Let's use neon paint...

Let's use neon paint...

:think: Hmmm,good point on the sharks. :naughty: Still don't like the critters,though. Maybe if we pelted them with paint gun pellets the salmon would have a better chance. ;) :lol:

F

Fishydog

That's it! I'm attaching a cattle prod to my net! hmmmm, cattle prod, aluminum net, aluminum boat, water...... oh what could happen :shock:

B

bigdog

That's it! I'm attaching a cattle prod to my net! hmmmm, cattle prod, aluminum net, aluminum boat, water...... oh what could happen :shock:

Do it I want to see.
Oh by the way Fish For The Cure is over, thanks for your support though. :lol:

CJ

X

xltom

A cattle prod on a long stick might not be such a bad idea. I might have even tried to set the hook on this one theif. Anything to discourage this behavior would be in fact better for the sea lion in the long run. I wish the video continued so I could see if he got his gear back or not. I would risk the line on my spool trying to get my net back problably...if I didn't get broke off immediately.