Dam Hole

C
chodathug
Hey guys,
Are people still having luck at the Dam hole? Any tips on bait, times to go, etc...?

Thanks!!

K
Kodiak
Just cause a hole is giving you a hard time thats no reason to swear, jeez!

N
ninja2010
:lol::lol::lol: 3:20am and still funny as hell... don't you sleep?

C
chodathug
Hahaha!

C
chodathug
Since I hadn't heard any replies - I was gonna get off my lazy *** and check it out for myself. Got my poles all ready, and packed up all my stuff last night, set my alarm for 4:15AM, planning on hitting the hole for a couple hours then get to work by 8:00.

Went to bed excited and pretty confident I'd catch a fatty before work...I was worried what I was gonna do with the large Salmon I would have to deal with.."hmmm, should I buy ice? Go borrow my brother's bigger icebox? Would the fish be ok if I put it on ice then went home during my lunch break to fillet it? Should I ask my mother-in-law to smoke some of it?"....

....Then completely overslept and woke up at 8:47 today to a call from my boss wondering where the hell I was. Hahaha.

So...anyone having any luck at the dam hole?:lol:

P
plunkme
where is this hole exactly?

C
chodathug
checked it out yesterday..not a dam person there!
Saw yellow signs on the way down that said "no trespassing, no fishing..etc.."
'scuse my ignorance but did they close this area recently? When I was there a month ago there was 30 people at 9:pM...

I decided to go to the lake dock on the other side of the dam, and saw few salmon rolling, but me and some other peeps couldn't get them to bite.

C
chodathug
plunkme said:
where is this hole exactly?

right before the upper boat launch there is a gravel road off to the right, that has a sign that says "estacada..." something....(lake?)

Go down this road a couple hundy yards, and there will be a shoulder off to the left that you can park (you can sorta see the dam through the trees here), There is a path that has a pile of rocks blocking it...walk down this path and shimmy your a$$ down the steep trail, and you'll find yourself right below the dam.

But I don't know if you can still fish here...anyone know?

M
meluvtrout
Take Rivermill Rd Exit. Follow the road, pass the first dam gate on your left, the road will take a right curve and you'll see another gate right in front of you. Park on the side of the road and follow the path on your left into the woods.

There are signs, yes. You pobably were walking through private property that's why you've seen those. Or are you referring to no hunting and no alcohol signs?

Last edited:
K
Kodiak
The easiest way to know if you can fish or not is simple, take your boss with you, have him go down there first while you are "getting the rest of the stuff"..call the sheriffs department. If they ticket, confiscate or cuff him you know its not safe, although you can encourage the cops to tase him/her. If they say it's not a problem then its all good....It's a win/win scenario.