Daily Willamette report

W
Willieman
Well, maybe not daily, but frequent.

The river is low low low for this time of year. A few diehards are working at back trolling and a few at the blacktop.

image.jpg

P
plumb2fish
Wow, never thought you would board hop....

W
Willieman
Well, pictures like the above only with a couple of ducks in them :naughty: caused such a ruckess it resulted in choosing not to be on the board that used to get them for almost two years now. Guess I figured it was time to do a little hopping. :cool:

P
plumb2fish
The level of drama here is usually much more tolerable.....however certain topics seem to bring it out from time to time. Will be nice to get the pics and reports again. Hope you enjoy your stay.

bass
bass
Welcome aboard. I have found this site to be a great place to share fishing information and I hope you do as well! Heck, you do not even need a flame retardant suit to participate on this site :)

W
Willieman
bass said:
Welcome aboard. I have found this site to be a great place to share fishing information and I hope you do as well! Heck, you do not even need a flame retardant suit to participate on this site :)

Flame retardants can come with the flames. That stuff usually fizzles as people figure out they really aren't that far apart. In fact it seems many times get into violent agreements! They just don't realize it and if not usually in time people can agree to disagree and move on. What I couldn't stand was blatant censorship with no explanation or reason. Treating people like 6 year olds instead of working to resolution is frankly, rude.

Thanks for the welcomes!

W
Willieman
Update for 1/28/13

The latest turn is starting. Overnight the river came up and there is a noticeable gray slate hue to the color this morning...

Notice how much more water is going through at the top of the island from the first post.

Lots of boats out over the weekend though most were passing by so I saw no hookups. The sheriff was out and running up and down a lot yesterday. Watch those expired tags if you are out. He will notice.

image.jpg

image.jpg

E
eugene1
Well, Willieman, there is good water coming your way. The Willy upriver here in Eugene is running almost steelhead green.

Best, and welcome to OFF.

bass
bass
Thanks for the update Willieman!

E
eugene1
Forget about my above post, it's running dirty now.

H
Hogwash
Welcome aboard Willieman! Those pictures look familiar. ;)

W
Willieman
Hogwash said:
Welcome aboard Willieman! Those pictures look familiar. ;)

Yeah, I bet...

update for 1/30;

She'll be rolling down the mountain when she comes...

no ducks yet, but the rise is on. Always fascinating to watch the bottomland disappear...

image.jpg

image.jpg

W
Willieman
Not much change today from two mornings ago, except for the addition of a lonely boater.

image.jpg

The river peaked yesterday...

H
Hogwash
Hey, how about today's report?

W
Willieman
It has dropped quite a bit, about like the second set of photos I posted. And although it is still stained, it could fish. Saw a few boats out and frank ly I would have been out today just to enjoy the day iffn I wasn't still lamed up.

Sometimes days like today or tomorrow are really good days in spite of it looking too dirty to fish.

Did see mr. Bagofur slashing a salmonoid of some sort in front of the RV Park. The flying rats are always the easy give away.

W
Willieman
River is back to low. Quite a few people out and trying but few fish are around. Can say that because the furbags aren't bothering.

Still... Hoping for the pot o gold.

image.jpg

H
Hogwash
Thanks for the report Scooter!

W
Willieman
This equipment is larger than it seems. They brought it up late today.

H
Hendo30
Willieman. what you are doing for the greater good is pretty awesome ..I welcome you to OFF and commend your good deed, SIR.

W
Willieman
Got goosed!

image.jpg

Huge rain storm presently but the river actually looks very fishy today!