Dads Bday!! on Fathers day!

M
metalfisher76
He didn`t land a springer but did get this fatty on a nymph
Happy Birthday POPS!
6202010013.jpg
a better look at him
6202010012.jpg
I was shocked:shock: he was still throwing a nymph since a springer broke 1 about an hour before this. Yes they do!!!!!:D Although,come to find out, it was one of mine that I tie on a #6 Gami. His are on like a 8 or smaller and NOT Gami. It was kind of a big hook for that lil trout. Had the springer hit 1 of my nymphs.....:( o well, I got this babe!
6202010004.jpg
I like me a A.M.F from time to time!!:)
And a tip! When you get reely high on a system, the big fish, big bait theory goes FA-LYING out the winder;) Have a great week guys and gals!

Last edited by a moderator:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great way to spend a very special day with your dad! By the way,you should let your dad know it's okay to smile for the pics...lol Congrats to both of you!

M
Mike123
Do you ever get skunked?! haha... nice fish man. :lol::)

T
Thuggin4Life
Seems like you 2 had a pretty good day on the water. Nice fish.

M
metalfisher76
Mike123 said:
Do you ever get skunked?! haha... nice fish man. :lol::)

Just the other day, Wednesday:) I`ve heard it called "shootin fish out of a barrel". I know that water. Combine the 2 and badda bing! I just grew up hoppin around on it and the Clack.

S
Snagger
Very rare to catch trout out of that creek. Nice

M
metalfisher76
Snagger said:
Very rare to catch trout out of that creek. Nice

Yeah, I got 1 or 2 a year, always let`em go.

S
Snagger
metalfisher76 said:
Yeah, I got 1 or 2 a year, always let`em go.

That is good to know. So what's up wiith the springers?

C
Chrome_Chaser
Nice fish, I guess they do get a small run of springer there. Gotta try that river here soon.

S
Snagger
We are talking about the clack eagle not the columbia river one, right?

B
bigsteel
excellent day bro,,,looks like your dad had a blast.......

C
Cohosanders
Happy B-day POPs...........Nice feeshes man! Gotta hit it up together someday!

Oh yeah...Happy Fathers Day as well!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
T
tnffishman
nice fish man! good to see trout that size, pretty rare

Chromatose
Chromatose
The 2nd picture looks like the fish was foul hooked. Nymph stuck in, just under the eye. I am not to sure I would have posted a picture of a fish that might even resemble a foul hooked fish. But to each their own.

M
metalfisher76
Chromatose said:
The 2nd picture looks like the fish was foul hooked. Nymph stuck in, just under the eye. I am not to sure I would have posted a picture of a fish that might even resemble a foul hooked fish. But to each their own.

Look closer man. The eye of the hook is lined up with the tip of his nose, the white of the nymph is going right into the corner of the jaw and the point is coming back out under the eye. It`s pretty obvious that one hackle hair is coming from the eye to the point of the hook. Also obvious is the mono POINTING right at the eye of the hook. I can even see the knot. A classic hook up! There is something else that is obvious......jealousy....but to each their own.

A
autofisher
Nice fish man. Tell your old man I said Happy B-day. And the AMF looks gooooooooood on ya.

B
bigsteel
what was the measurement on that trout damon?that is an excellent specimen.............................that is no foul hooked chromatose....

S
Snagger
Not foul hooked!

F
FishAssassin
Nice ones! Hey how does your pops like those Simms Waders? I am getting sick of the crappy brand I am wearing.

M
metalfisher76
He loves `em. Even fell and ripped `em. They patched for free, any worse they would have gave him a new pair. He got his in Welches, I`m sure they are around.