D.A.M. Quick reels

waterdog
waterdog
Growing up these were the Cadillac, any guys still using them?

fish4food
fish4food
love them and will buy any for sale

Reactions: SparkyofSoCal
troutdude
troutdude
Used to be a tackle shop in Oakridge. The owner had many many drawers FULL of all kinds of DAM Quicks! I don't know if he's still there; as that was a long time ago.

I grew up with them; and had several. But I don't think that I have any in my arsenal anymore.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Still have a DAM Quick Finessa 285 made in West Berlin. Most likely going to end up with one of my grandsons.

Last edited:
Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
@Irishrover my paternal grandfather gave me my very first rod n' reel. The reel was a D.A.M. Quick 330, also made in Germany. Sadly I lost that set up into the drink at Blue Lake (which sits just a short distance above Suttle Lake near Sisters). And believe me when I say...that they call it BLUE lake for a reason. We flipped a canoe into that water!!!

Reactions: Irishrover
Irishrover
Irishrover
Blue Lake is one cold piece of water. I've been there and took a short swim. I didn't stay in very long. I'll tell which ever grandson gets my DAM Quick, to not fish that lake.

troutdude
troutdude
Irishrover said:
Blue Lake is one cold piece of water. I've been there and took a short swim. I didn't stay in very long. I'll tell which ever grandson gets my DAM Quick, to not fish that lake.

Good idea. Bad mojo. :eek:

Reactions: Irishrover
P
playhooky
Irishrover said:
Still have a DAM Quick Finessa 285 made in West Berlin. Most likely going to end up with one of my grandsons.

Still have this one. Great reel!
IMG_0407.JPG

Irishrover
Irishrover
Good looking reel. They are built tuff.

Reactions: troutdude
C
Cajunblazer
Irishrover: I have a DAM Quick Finessa in very good working condition if you are still interested in buying one. Call Rick 205 655-1395.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I have one I think it was Fish4Food that was looking to purchase one.