D.A.M. Quick reels

waterdog
Growing up these were the Cadillac, any guys still using them?

fish4food
love them and will buy any for sale

Reactions: SparkyofSoCal
troutdude
Used to be a tackle shop in Oakridge. The owner had many many drawers FULL of all kinds of DAM Quicks! I don't know if he's still there; as that was a long time ago.

I grew up with them; and had several. But I don't think that I have any in my arsenal anymore.

Irishrover
Still have a DAM Quick Finessa 285 made in West Berlin. Most likely going to end up with one of my grandsons.

Last edited:
Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
@Irishrover my paternal grandfather gave me my very first rod n' reel. The reel was a D.A.M. Quick 330, also made in Germany. Sadly I lost that set up into the drink at Blue Lake (which sits just a short distance above Suttle Lake near Sisters). And believe me when I say...that they call it BLUE lake for a reason. We flipped a canoe into that water!!!

Reactions: Irishrover
Irishrover
Blue Lake is one cold piece of water. I've been there and took a short swim. I didn't stay in very long. I'll tell which ever grandson gets my DAM Quick, to not fish that lake.

troutdude
Blue Lake is one cold piece of water. I've been there and took a short swim. I didn't stay in very long. I'll tell which ever grandson gets my DAM Quick, to not fish that lake.

Good idea. Bad mojo.

Reactions: Irishrover
P
playhooky
Still have a DAM Quick Finessa 285 made in West Berlin. Most likely going to end up with one of my grandsons.

Still have this one. Great reel!

Irishrover
Good looking reel. They are built tuff.

Reactions: troutdude
C
Cajunblazer
Irishrover: I have a DAM Quick Finessa in very good working condition if you are still interested in buying one. Call Rick 205 655-1395.

Irishrover
I have one I think it was Fish4Food that was looking to purchase one.