Cutthroat mania on the Willy

B
Bfishin
3 of us walked about a mile stretch of nice river on the Willamette near River Road in Eugene. Caught 33 Trout and a couple big suckers. Almost all Cutties. It was a blast. We were drifting worms the whole time. Caught a nice sun burn too. Nothing exceeded 15", but they were healthy little fish. Sorry no pics. We were wading in shorts and don't have a water-proof cam.

18406ej
18406ej
Sounds like a good day, pictures or not

Q
qwapaw
Were you in the Chapman island area. I fished there earlier this year when the water was up and didn't do much. I was wondering about now that the water is down. Good job, I know the Willy has some very nice cutts in it. Qwa

B
Bfishin
qwapaw said:
Were you in the Chapman island area. I fished there earlier this year when the water was up and didn't do much. I was wondering about now that the water is down. Good job, I know the Willy has some very nice cutts in it. Qwa

We were down by Whitney (Whitley) Landing. Havent' fished there before, so I couldn't tell if the water was low or hi. It seemed kinda low though.

G
GrillMaster
Bait allowed?

Bait allowed?

I thought you couldn't use bait in that area???

GM

T
Thuggin4Life
GrillMaster said:
I thought you couldn't use bait in that area???

GM

i mighjt have to read the regs again. i have always used bait on the willamette around here since i was a kid now you got me thinkin theuy might have made the wierdest reg change ever. but i wouldn't worry to much about using bait on the willamette.